About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Project Manager who will be responsible for day to day management, coordination and smooth operation of various projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization. The Project Manager will be responsible to ensure schedules, budgets, resources and deliverables for project are on track while maintaining standards and monitoring scope of project quality.
What you will do:
- The ability to establish creditability quickly with Business Units as well as IT partners as a passionate change agent with exceptional managerial skills is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Must have a proven ability to establish a dynamic organization designed to meet the complex business requirements of the organization.
- Understand the strategic direction of the business to ensure that new features and functions are implemented to conform to stated strategies and business needs.
- Able to influence the scope and direction of initiatives across multiple levels of management and all organizational boundaries
- Ability to influence and manage the expectations of clients, team members, management and external groups
- Ensures Agile/Scrum process is implemented effectively and provides coaching at the team level to maximize its benefits
- Exhibits desire to continuously learn new tools, techniques, and methodologies
- Exhibits ability to run projects using the Agile Scrum methodologies, from small teams to large, with multiple outside dependencies and 3rd party project team members
- Interacts seamlessly with both business and project teams
- Facilitate discussions that lead to the resolution of project issues and development impediments
What you will need:
- 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 2 plus years of experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile)
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes/procedures
- Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix’d organization
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
- Preferred experience with Continuous Integration practices/tools and Open Source Frameworks
- Experience working on an enterprise deployment of Sales Effectiveness and Service delivery solutions is a plus
- Experience with CRM/Salesforce is a plus
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73769
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.