Are you looking for a dynamic career with excellent advancement potential at a global market leader? If so, consider Gartner, the world's leading provider of executive insights. Gartner delivers the expert insights and tools necessary for our clients to make the right business decisions, every day.
We are seeking a highly motivated, goal-driven sales leader to chip in to our double-digit growth, backed by the solid infrastructure of a premier sales organization. In addition to a bold base salary, uncapped commissions and extraordinary benefits, Gartner sales associates can enjoy generous performance-based rewards, including all-expense-paid recognition events in locations around the world. Come be a part of our incredible growth organization!
The Sales Area Vice-President’s primary role is to attract, lead, coach and develop a team of quota-bearing Sales Managers to drive revenue for Gartner. A Sales AVP typically manages a team of 3-5 direct reports, and 20+ indirect sales associates.
To be considered for this role, you must have a demonstrated ability to:
- Overachieve financial targets
- Analyze data to understand complex business challenges
- Develop and execute strategy for achievement of business results
- Lead, mentor and motivate sales associates
- Attract and retain top sales talent with a strong focus on building a pipeline of candidates for potential open territories
- Drive high quality consistent sales activity by understanding the client market and driving execution of proven Gartner sales methodology
- Provide leadership through effective communication of the global strategy
- Coach and develop direct reports on a regular basis
- Improve the team's success through effective leadership and mentorship
- Take ownership for own professional growth and support the team's professional growth
- Minimum 10+ years proven consultative sales experience, with 3+ years of management experience.
- Internal candidates should have a demonstrated track record of successful financial performance, with 7+ years of QB sales experience in Gartner or Gartner management experience.
- Strong business acumen, forecasting skills, presentation skills, influencing skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong demonstration of intellect, drive, executive presence, sales acumen, and working with others to solve complex business challenges
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73695
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.