Executive Partner – Higher Education
What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you? When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the world’s leading research and advisory company, achieving consistent double-digit growth by steering clients toward the right decisions with objective business and technology insights, recommendations, and toolsets, they can’t find anywhere else. Our Executive Partners support and advise our most senior clients. We enjoy a highly collaborative work environment, significant autonomy, and a ‘growth mindset’ culture, as well as unlimited growth opportunities. If you like working with a curious, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is the place for you.
About this role:
Our clients are leaders at educational institutions (higher education and K-12), most typically serving as the CIO. Many find themselves challenged with the pace of change and culture within the IT function as educational institutions evolve with changing demands of the community and changing funding environments. With the support of their Executive Partner, our clients will assess the changes needed within their organization, achieve their goals more quickly, more cost effectively and with a higher assurance of success. As an Executive Partner with expertise in the structure and workings of colleges and university systems, and K-12 school systems, you will have the opportunity to provide advice, guidance, and recommendations for the most complex business and technology challenges facing our community. A successful candidate must have experience in the Education industry, as a CIO or technology leader, and as an executive consultant.
Why Executive Programs (ExP)
A Gartner Executive Partner (EP) is an indispensable peer, coach, advisor, and sounding board, for every digital leader. ExP is an exclusive, membership-based executive service serving over 7,000 CIOs and senior IT leaders across 87 countries. Our program has seen consistent double digital growth year after year. Our clients (including Fortune 500 companies, Governments, Education organizations around the world) benefit from a single source of knowledge, insight, and tools, focused on CIO-level challenges, delivery of our services in their context, the shared knowledge of the world's largest community of CIOs, and the assurance of Gartner objectivity and independence. Gartner’s EPs act as coaches and advisors to Executive Programs clients by providing research and recommendations in the context of our members’ industries and challenges. They partner with colleagues across Gartner to deliver the service solutions based on the experience and insights of the collective group of EPs and the research community.
What you’ll do:
- Provide executive advisory services to 25-30 CIO clients who work within the Education sector.
- Work as a collaborative Gartner team member serving our clients within the Education region in conjunction with Gartner Client Managers, Account Executives, and Research Analysts.
- Participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: pre-sale, on-boarding, relationship management and delivery, and renewal.
- Responsible for client retention within the Education region and for contributing toward growth in the region. Directly support our Education Sales team (Account Executives) in prospect cultivation and value demonstration.
- Define value plans for clients, based on support of each of their business and IT priorities. Execute on this plan via application of their Executive Program deliverables. Client support includes ongoing consultations that focus on acting as a sounding board and providing advice and recommendations. Leverage Gartner research and contextualizing for clients based on their priorities and industry. Acting as a coach and mentor in critical discussions regarding leading and managing their teams, working with their peers, managing up, and driving culture change.
- Facilitate member interaction and peer collaboration through the Gartner EXP client community.
- Host and /or participate in virtual or on-site member and prospecting activities, including workshops, roundtables, and webinars (often in collaboration with Gartner Research).
Essential must have skills:
- Accomplished CIO (or equivalent), with a broad base of expertise who has operated at an executive leadership level and driven change at all levels.
- Experienced consultant in a Professional Services organization, with a focus on management or technology consulting.
- A university graduate degree (Doctoral degree is preferred) with 10+ years of experience working as a CIO or in an executive management role in an IT capacity within the Education industry.
- In-depth understanding of:
- IT industry and role of the CIO in Education and other industries. Bring experiences from other industries to discussions with clients.
- Business value of IT, and alignment of business and IT strategies, and impact to culture.
- Education regulatory requirements, budget and funding process, and technology enablers.
- Understanding of external environmental factors facing the Education industry, and experience mitigating the risks, and exploiting opportunities of the environment.
Who you are:
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess our clients’ situations and provide actionable, outcome-based business and technical advice, that results in tangible business and technical outcomes. Leverages appropriate resources across Gartner, to maximize clients’ investment in the service.
- Excellent relationship management skills, including experience working across C level executives and adapting to working with CIOs across a wide variety of experience and working styles.
- Has built strong relationships with internal Sales teams and developed strategic internal partnerships across lines of business.
- Comfortable in executive client interactions that require a high level of executive presence and ability to build trust and deliver value in a virtual environment as well as in-person settings. Has strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Comfortable in ambiguous situations, where influence and negotiation is critical.
- Has ‘ruthless prioritization’ skills.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com .
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73687
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.