Conference planner with responsibility over exhibit operations, service delivery and sponsorship fulfillment for Gartner’s global conference portfolio. Responsible for the development, management and execution of various conference elements relating to exhibits and sponsorship.
- Lead operational delivery of all exhibitor elements across multiple B2B in-person and virtual conferences including project management , floor plan management, digital event platform management, financial management (forecasting, budgeting and reconciliation), staff planning and production scheduling.
- Develop, maintain and improve exhibit floor plans to maximize revenue opportunities and engagement.
- Manage conference budgets with direct responsibility for all costs associated with exhibitor fulfillment and delivery; produce accurate monthly forecasts and manage expenses effectively.
- Attend conferences as the onsite lead for in-person and virtual exhibit delivery including managing the production schedule, conference staff and liaising with agency partners and vendors.
- Develop and maintain accuracy of exhibit inventory of sellable products to ensure maximize revenue per conference considering new opportunities, capacity restrictions and value to support product positioning in the marketplace.
- Analyze data to develop metrics-driven exhibitor retention and attendee engagement strategy to determine best course of action on various conference elements.
- Manage and maintain online client-facing portal that holds all logistical information and deadlines for exhibitors ensuring best possible experience for clients.
- Anticipate and react to client requests with a service focus that delivers exceedingly high value to drive exhibitor retention.
- Partner with Exhibit Operations leadership team on projects by providing feedback and maximize output to scale the business.
- Liaise with key conference partners and team members (internal and external) to ensure successful conference execution; build and maintain good relationships by establishing trust and a working partnership.
- Achieve operational excellence and execute conferences on time, within budget and with great attention to detail.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of Gartner’s conference business including the value proposition of each conference for attendees and exhibitors and the value proposition of each exhibitor product.
- Standardized operational processes, project management and best practices both in the planning and onsite execution stages of conference production and delivery.
- Develop an innovative and creative approach to all aspects of the role – team management, engagement strategy and operational execution.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 5+ Years Event Management, Experiential Marketing, Event Marketing and/or Tradeshow Management
- Proven event operational skills including production schedules, budget management and event staffing
- Project management experience on detailed programs with multiple variables and dependencies
- Proven experience in managing agency and vendor partners
Key Competencies/ Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills especially with senior level professionals, cross-functionally and with agency partners
- Creative, innovative and strategic thinker with a strong attention to detail
- Strong financial management skills
- Motivated team player with desire to learn and grow
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentations skills
- Effective problem solving, time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, implement and manage change and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to thrive in high pressure situations
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73645
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.