Lead and manage the conference logistics team with responsibility for the ANZ regional portfolio.
Major Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Leadership and execution of ANZ regional conference portfolio to ensure flawless conference delivery of all programs (5 - 6 large scale conferences annually)
- Project management including the ownership and adherence of conference timelines and templates to accurately deliver, track and evaluate results on conference delivery
- Communication and collaboration across internal conferences teams to ensure seamless delivery of complex conference
- Venue management including but not limited to rooms, meeting facilities, F&B, meeting materials, A/V
- Actively participate in the process of reviewing, enhancing and executing the conference features and programs
- Lead and manage team with focus on development of team members.
- Participate in regional calendar planning, capacity, and venue strategies to achieve growth goals.
- Lead and manage initiatives which enhance the portfolio, deliver results against priorities, analyze attendee feedback, and improve processes in planning and execution.
- Partner to create global processes and team infrastructure to effectively scale and operate efficiently, identifying regional considerations when appropriate.
- Drive strategy to increase attendance and exhibitor retention for the region. Developing detailed action plans to achieve growth. Clearly understand and translate the needs of the audience to create on site experiences and programs.
- Lead, communicate, and collaborate across all Gartner business units both within Conference Production as well as within the company.
- Supplier management: Regional management and selection of the best partners to support our strategy. This includes regular review and negotiation of contracts as well as partnership with regional leaders to identify supplier needs.
- Financial Management: Overall responsibility for regional budgets (approx. $10m) including preparation, negotiations, accurate and timely monthly forecasts, alert management about risks and deviations to plan, and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Understand the strategies within Gartner associated to conferences and translate these into live event experiences with globally consistent operational execution standards.
- Bachelor's degree with focus on events/conferences preferred
- 10+ years of event/conference management experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience of large, intricate commercial events with conference program and exhibition delivery
- Proven complex budget management abilities
- Experience of working in a complex multi layered environment with multiple stakeholders
Technical/ Professional Skills & Competencies
- Client focused and proactive
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Strong executive presence with clear communication skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Passionate, energetic & enthusiastic
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73620
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.