This position is responsible for supporting critical cross-portfolio responsibilities within the Program Management business function, enabling the development and execution of “must attend” content, programs, and experiences – and ultimately driving Gartner conference portfolio growth.
The Program Manager will work on a variety of activities focused both on general conference-portfolio processes, undergirding multiple conferences (e.g., 3-4 events) concurrently, and for specific conferences, as a key support for front-line program leaders.
This role will seek to:
- Gain deep understanding of the markets we target (attendees, exhibitors profiles and needs)
- Deliver compelling conference content in collaboration with Gartner Research based on client and market demand.
- Execute product strategies that deliver growth, profitability and client retention in collaboration with all conference stakeholders (Research & Advisory, Marketing/Audience Acquisition, Sponsorship, Operations, etc…)
Specifically, the Program Manager will assist the Program team by implementing and improving the tools, processes and activities used to:
- Conduct primary and secondary market research, advisory boards, and other customer insights channels in order to understand client issues
- Analyze various data on attendee or sponsor profile, behaviors, satisfaction trends etc…
- Create key documents and presentations (kickoffs, wrap ups, business cases…)
- Define target audience and sponsors
- Identify and evaluate competitive events
- Manage participation of keynote speakers, panels and case studies
- Review and improve sponsor and guest speaker content
- Evangelize and promote portfolio conference value to internal and external constituents
- Innovate and test new conference experiences
- Collaborate with different Conference stakeholders: --Marketing and database teams to create effective audience campaigns, as well as developing partnerships with associations, user groups, and media. --Sales to identify prospective sponsors/exhibitors, accelerate the sales process and increase retention. --Operations to ensure efficient and cost-effective solutions to achieve optimal attendee and sponsor experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5+ years of professional experience having demonstrated an ability for fast learning, adaptation, with 2+ years of experience with conferences or content/agenda development.
- Speaker management a plus.
- Proven track record ideating and executing on a strategy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative matrix environment, with strong stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong ability to manipulate, analyze, interpret data to solve problems and drive decisions
- Desire for global / multinational event experience
- Good multi-project management, prioritization, time management capacity
- IT familiarity or interest a plus
- Ability to accommodate moderate travel, including international
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73589
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.