About this role
We are seeking a Research, Principal to support the discovery of actionable ideas that will help executives transform their organizations, people, and business outcomes. Our hypothesis-focused research methodologies help our clients spanning every major industry vertical across the globe. This role enables you to explore your intellectual curiosity in a collaborative, team-based environment. You’ll be offered robust training, support and coaching to achieve career success and advance within the research organization. This role will create research to support software engineering leaders, a high-priority client group for Gartner.
What you will do
- Develop a deep understanding of how software engineering leaders think and behave in order to create research deliverables that will be of great practical use to them.
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Be a key member of the research team and contribute to the entire project lifecycle, from conception to completion.
- Create high-impact research deliverables, including but not limited to: large research studies, case studies, videos, presentations and webinars, guidebooks, templates, and roundtable discussions.
- Conduct research interviews with C-level executives and use these interactions to drive research deliverables and inform research colleagues of key insights shaping the landscape.
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in several countries as a part of a global research team.
What you will need
- A Bachelor's degree required, and a Master’s/PhD in a social science preferred.
- 5+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Strong business acumen and intellectual curiosity in order to process and understand information quickly, as well as diagnose issues to make actionable recommendations.
- Experience converting qualitative and quantitative information into clear frameworks, narratives and visually compelling presentations.
What you will have
- Critical thinker and problem solver demonstrating the ability to assess business problems and provide actionable, outcome-based insights.
- A great writer with experience writing business related deliverables such as white papers, articles, etc.
- Excellent communicator who can communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Enjoy working independently as well as part of a team.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73440
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.