The Business Development Director Role is responsible for managing a territory and selling Gartner’s Research based services to C level Executives and there direct reports. In this role you will prospect for and close 100% Net New Business and then transition closed business to Gartner’s Account Management teams to ensure retention of the relationship.
- Act as a strategic partner to C-level and senior executives and focus purely on establishing new business relationships with non-client organizations within an assigned prospecting territory.
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close.
- Be responsible for strategically selling Gartner’s advisory services to midmarket organizations or emerging technology organizations Bachelor’s degree.
- +8 years of consultative and solution-based selling experience with a demonstrated track record of quota-carrying success.
- Experience selling IT, staffing/recruiting or professional services solutions highly preferredAn independent and thoughtful sales professional with exceedingly developed sales and negotiation skills.
- An overachieving sales professional who can confidently articulate and quantify previous successes.
- A resolute sales professional who is driven by succeeding in challenging and complex sales opportunities.
- A purposeful sales professional who has an established sales process and is coachable to build upon previous success using Gartner’s best practices Qualifications:A collaborative, positive culture. You’ll work with people who are as enthusiastic, smart and driven as you are. You’ll be managed by the best too.
Limitless growth and learning opportunities.
We offer the excitement of a fast-paced entrepreneurial workplace and the professional growth opportunities of an established global organization.
Outstanding compensation. We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits; including a robust time off allowance and great “perks”.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73341
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.