About the role:
Are you a Sales Leader looking for a career defining opportunity with outstanding earning potential, an undeniable competitive advantage, great upward mobility, all while working for one of the world’s most respected companies? Then a role with Gartner Global Conference Exhibitor Sales is what you have been looking for.
The Director, Sales is responsible for the implementation of our growth & retention strategy for clients in EMEA. The role culminates with securing double-digit revenue growth rates across the assigned conference portfolio. This position requires an outstanding ability to recruit, motivate, coach, and retain associates who flawlessly execute our global growth strategy.
What you’ll do as a Director, Sales:
- Develop and implement a strategy to achieve business development goals while ensuring continuous improvement in client retention rates
- Hire, coach, and manage a team of field sales associates, or Account Executives (AEs)
- Guide team members in developing their annual territory sales strategy
- Coach AEs in building, developing, and maintaining relationships with key accounts and continuously improve their skill set
- Drive visible pipeline activity and growth by creating a high activity sales environment
- Assist in complex contract and pricing negotiations with clients and prospects
- Conduct regular review and planning sessions with each AE
- Travel with AEs to develop trust-based client relationships
- Attend Gartner Conferences within portfolio as well as other Gartner Conferences and competitive events
- Create individual development plans for all team members and execute against them
- Apply a continuous performance management approach with all associates
- Develop lead-generation initiatives to continuously enhance our prospect database
- Collaborate with International Sales Directors to maximize cross selling opportunities
- Develop, deepen, and leverage relationships with other Business Units
- Partner with the program development team, delivery team, and marketing to develop new products and services to go to market
- Manage weekly/monthly sales reports, roll-up forecasts, and commission calculations
- Participate in leadership and planning meetings to present retention/growth strategy and business performance.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive base salary with uncapped commission
- World-class benefit offerings
- Live immersive sales training experience, followed by just-in-time learning and mentorship opportunities
- Opportunity to attend Gartner’s Winners Circle and other incentive trips upon meeting specific targets
- Opportunity to leverage what you’ve learned and accelerate your Gartner career– where you want to go is up to you
- Unmatched support and collaboration from your internal partners to renew, grow, and support your accounts
- Access to our voluntary, associate-driven Employee Resource Groups that bring associates together to foster a diverse, inclusive, and supportive workplace
What you need:
- Minimum 7 - 10 years proven sales and/or management experience
- Demonstrated ability to guide and mentor
- Ability to travel with team as needed; possibility of occasional international travel
- Proven track record of continuous overachievement; if internal, Winners Circle or Eagle achiever
- Ability to develop and execute a plan to achieve set corporate sales goals and implement strategies
- Proven ability to structure innovative, customized solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of B2B buying centers
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen
- Outstanding ability to collaborate and work with virtual teams
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73333
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.