About this role:
The Senior Director, Business Systems Analyst will perform business analyst functions, working closely with the business and IT stakeholders to gather requirements, drive prioritization and streamline business processes ahead of backlog.
What you’ll do:
- Drive critical requirements discussions, managing dependencies across multiple functional areas.
- Elicit and document business and functional requirements using a variety of interview techniques
- Partner with Finance, IT and other business stakeholders to develop, document and optimize processes to effectively support the project’s key objectives.
- Transform business requirements into detailed User Stories and clearly defined acceptance criteria that engineers can consume.
- Decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to facilitate a general understanding.
- Engage and communicate across varied audiences including stakeholders, clients, delivery teams and upper management during the lifecycle of a given project.
- Act as a key liaison between the business and the technology consulting partners to drive the success of implementation.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing activities.
- Manage customer expectations of products and services to be delivered.
- Participate in relevant centers of excellence as they pertain to either Scrum, Scrum Master, Product Owner and/or Project Management focus areas
- Extract and retrieve information and data sets to improve upon software
- Schedule and lead meetings to identify issues and fixes for projects
- Effectively lead and develop a team by performing goal setting, providing ongoing feedback (inclusive of year-end assessments), coaching, individual training, and development to upskill Associates.
- Foster an environment that is collaborative, and solution/ process oriented among different teams and stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- CPM: Certified Scrum Product Owner preferred
- 10+ years working in a fast-paced environment that experiences continuous change and expertise in change management
- 10+ years of demonstrated business process analysis and/or project management office (PMO) experience
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills tailored to meet the needs of the different end users, team members, sr. management and executive leadership in cross-cultural business environment
- Must be well organized, methodical and pay close attention to detail
- Possess excellent written/oral communication skills
- Able to work well in a highly collaborative cross discipline team
- Flexible approach, willing to wear multiple hats if needed
- Proven ability to collaborate in a global / matrix environment
- Strong work ethic with focus on meeting deadlines and objectives
- Solution minded, detail-oriented and is firm yet flexible
- Knowledge and experience with Scrum/Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Leading teams in a matrix environment consisting of various types of roles and skill sets
- Strong business analysis skills
- Understanding and appreciation of processes/procedures and governance required to lead
projects and programs
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proficient user of Jira and project management software such as Microsoft Project
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Develop an understanding of Variable Compensation process
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a team player with the ability to build strong internal business partnerships supporting the direction in which the company is heading
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching, and more!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73212
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.