About the role:
The Data and Analytics team in Customer and Market Research is the Center of Excellence enabling fact-based decision-making across Global Product Management (GPM). We are looking for a highly analytical and detail-oriented Lead Data Analyst to join our growing team, to uncover, validate and present key business insights from the ever-expanding breadth of available data. We are looking for cutting edge leaders to apply their prowess in mining, modeling and visualizing data, not only to directly solve real-time business challenges, but to help streamline business unit operations and build the organization’s analytical capabilities at scale. We seek individuals looking to grow with us, as we further expand into advanced predictive analytics to foster pro-active business decisions.
What you will do:
- Insight Planning and Discovery
- Translate both high-level and granular decision-making needs into data, analytical and visualization requirements
- Recognize patterns of analytical needs as opportunities for standardized reporting solutions
- Identify, access, combine and shape the right data for the right problem
- Generate hypotheses and pressure test potential findings
- Drive to story-telling appropriate for GPM stakeholders
- Collaborate with other business units for maximum consistency and minimal redundancy
- Insight Delivery and Management
- Generate and maintain interactive PowerBI dashboards to scale insight delivery across GPM
- Deliver standardized and ad-hoc reports in support of tracking/identifying GPM KPIs
- As needed, translate reports into PowerPoint presentations for any level of management
- Automate regular ongoing reporting
- Stay on top of business developments driving changes to data sources impacting reports and dashboards
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical discipline; Masters preferred; focus in technical/business fields ideal
- 5+ years of business experience; product management experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience with hands-on use of data and analytical tools to inform business decisions
- Experience influencing business operations decisions preferred
- Customer-focused with a no-limits mindset
- Results oriented with a strong attention to details while not getting lost in them
- Strong communications skills – ability to partner with both business and technical professionals
- Excellent multi-tasking and collaboration capabilities
- Demonstrable expertise in PowerBI/DAX data modeling and visualization is a must
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office tools like Excel and PowerPoint is a must
- Skilled in identifying and extracting data from relational databases (Oracle and SQL Server highly preferred) and data lakes
- Working knowledge of web experience tracking and analysis tools strongly preferred
- Familiarity with cloud-based databases and business applications strongly preferred
- Familiarity with regulations and ongoing regulatory activity related to data usage preferred
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73204
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.