About the role:
Gartner’s Sales Execution & Operations team is responsible for driving initiatives related to the transformation of the Global Business Sales (GBS) division.
The Director, Sales Execution & Operations will work with stakeholders and teams from across the firm to drive projects related to the retention and growth of the GBS client base, with a specific focus on the Sales Support community.
What you will do:
- Work on specific projects related to driving growth and retention of the GBS clients
- Lead initiatives that relate specifically to the evolving role of the sales support staff including role definition, identification and execution of best practice, communication and management of change etc.
- Own projects to define the key activities conducted by the sales support staff in relation to growth and determine the most efficient way to deliver these outcomes in the future
- Own analysis to contribute to decision-making around key elements of the sales support strategy
- Partner with Sales Operations senior leadership and the broader strategy and ops team on key aspects of the sales support plans as determined by the overall GBS commercial strategy and roadmap of transformation
- Related duties and projects as assigned (assignments will flex and change over time)
What you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and partner with multiple teams and leaders, including Sales Leadership, HR and other central functions; ability to ensure effective and productive meetings through agenda management and discussion facilitation when needed
- Ability to create and deliver effective decks and updates for use by multiple levels of staff, up to and including the executive level
- Experience and comfort working with and drawing insight from data sets
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams and large amounts of detail simultaneously, and to prioritize appropriately
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively as needed
- 8-10 years of professional experience in a role or roles requiring the aforementioned skills
- Former selling experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree required
- Valid passport and ability to travel to other Gartner offices required (travel is ~1x per year)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:73079
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.