Title: Analyst, SRD Energy & Utilities – IT/OT Convergence
Location: Remote – North America
About the role:
As a senior Energy and Utilities analyst, a deep knowledge of, and exposure to, the intersection of information technologies (IT) and operational technology (OT) in the context of electric power and natural gas operations is critical. Exposure to IT/OT in the Oil and Gas and or water sector would be beneficial.
To be successful you will need a demonstrable understanding of the energy business, operational utility functions, related core business processes and technologies and how IT and OT can be combined and leveraged to transform, modernize, or optimize operations. A demonstrable understanding of the cyber risk issues and solutions associated with Industrial control systems aligned with critical infrastructure requirements, would be an advantage. A working knowledge of Data and Analytics and an understanding of AI/ML concepts, deployments and risk management would also be an advantage.
In this role, you will provide actionable, objective insight to Energy & Utility CIOs, Digital Leaders and Operational Senior Management. It is important that you are familiar with business models and key regulatory frameworks in the global energy provisioning and utility sectors and their transformation during energy transition.
You should also have good understanding of the role that technology can play in mitigating current challenges and creating new business opportunities. In addition, you will be advising the Executive Management of technology solutions and service providers on how to refine their products and services to meet the evolving needs of energy and utility companies and understand where new opportunities lie.
This advice will be delivered in the form of published research content, in one-to-one client calls and in a wide range of presentation formats, from remote briefings, up to and including in person Gartner Events such as Gartner IT Symposium.
Collaboration within the Energy & Utilities team, and other teams in Gartner Research will be a key part of developing this advice and the associated content. Building and maintaining good relationships with the Gartner research communities, sales and account teams will also be key to helping grow the Garter business and retain existing clients.
What you will do:
- Research business and technology trends across global energy and utility sectors, providing Gartner clients with critical insights to create technology strategies for successful business model transformation during energy transition
- Advise Gartner clients on the latest developments across OT and related IT to safely and economically operate as well as advise on the solutions, market trends and vendors
- Advise Gartner clients on the developments in key utility technology markets, including technology trends and markets’ directions, vendor positioning and products/solutions offerings is also one of the key requirements.
- Create scenarios and define critical uncertainties that will help clients prepare for incoming disruptions across energy and water sectors.
- Advise utility clients globally on the best use of information and operation technology and appropriate architectural patterns to address their mission critical priorities through digitalization
- Assess maturity of the innovative technology solutions and advise clients on the risk and benefits associated with adoption of a particular technology
- Provide assessment of vertical technology markets including market directions, solution maturity and vendors positioning
- Advise end user clients during each phase of technology product and services procurement
- Advise technology solution provider clients on market opportunity, product strategy, competitive positioning, and market messaging
What you will need:
- Post graduate degree in power engineering, computer science or related field
- Energy and or Utility Senior management role (e.g. CIO/CTO), or a senior management position in a technology product or solution provider side (e.g. CEO/COO/CTO/GM/Managing partner)
- Demonstrable experience in positions that requires a deep understanding of global energy and utility business related operating models and global regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrable experience in roles that require deep understanding of a specific area of utility operations such as the power system modeling and algorithms used to create digital twin of the power system and optimize increasingly decentralized operations.
- Demonstrable experience in mastering software architecture patterns and links to Energy Utility operations
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, and more!
- Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
- Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72990
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.