About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About this role
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner Digital Performance Benchmark team. The DPB team is responsible for developing customer facing web and mobile, data driven visualizations published on gartner.com. The team works on the latest and greatest in high performance web development, data science, community development and mobile technologies.
What you will do:
- Ability to fluently code in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks.
- Proven experience with responsive design, fullstack web development, & consumption/creation of RESTful APIs.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Follows coding standards, builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts
- Assists in defining software architectures – Collaborates with leads to explore existing systems, determines areas of opportunities.
- Translates designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Prior experience with Open source technologies and applications.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field w/experience in software development
- 4+ years of experience developing customer facing web applications.
- 4+ years of experience in Java Spring or similar J2EE frameworks.
- 2+ years of experience coding using object-oriented and aspect-oriented programming, architecture and design patterns.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API principles.
- Strong understanding of security best practices.
- Strong experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- A plus if you have experience with:
- AWS Lambda, ECS, EKS
- Continuous integration/delivery (CI/CD) tools like Jenkins
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for learning (incl. DevOps).
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72977
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.