About this role:
The Procurement Category Manager -- Digital Markets, Marketing, Corporate Communications provides strategic support in the sourcing and contract negotiations of related disciplines required by your designated Business Unit. This experienced Procurement and/or Marketing professional is responsible for developing category plans, leading RFx initiatives, and negotiating complex contracts on behalf of several of Gartner’s Business Units, including but not limited to Digital Markets, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Global Product Management, Global Services & Delivery, and Consulting. This role requires a business and technology savvy individual, with a keen understanding of content and customer experience, software and technology, direct marketing and marketing agencies, marketing technology platforms, and market research, data and analytics. This role delivers value by optimizing spend and strategically consolidating supplier base, reducing costs, minimizing supplier risks, improving supplier performance, and identifying innovation from the supply base.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with geographically dispersed stakeholders to develop strategic category plans for the related categories. Gain alignment on sourcing/ negotiation strategies and short/long term category roadmaps.
- Serve as the Procurement SME for your stakeholders and guide them on strategic sourcing and operational procurement processes. Communicate frequently and often. Proactively seek ways to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
- Maintain knowledge of current category trends, supplier capabilities, and changes within the supplier and technology landscape for traditional and emerging solutions.
- Lead cross functional teams through a disciplined sourcing process. Facilitate stakeholders through developing requirements, evaluating suppliers and supplier selection using strong project management skills. Ensure all sourcing initiatives are conducted in a fair and ethical manner, providing a level playing field for all participants.
- Develop negotiation plans aligned with stakeholder desired outcomes for TCO, SLAs and key business terms. Demonstrate competency and knowledge of contract development, key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations and industry standards during contract negotiations.
- Organize data sets and develop meaningful analysis of spend, cost and performance metrics. Present compelling business cases to influence decision makers at all levels of the organization.
- Manage compliance during all phases the contracting process. Coordinate with Gartner Legal, Finance, IT Security and Ombuds as needed. Ensure all Third Party Risk Management checks (and respective established processes) are complete prior to contract signature. Route contracts for approval and signature as required by Gartner policy.
- Guide stakeholders on preferred suppliers. Conduct routine planning sessions with your business unit customers to ensure addressable spend in your assigned categories is with contracted suppliers and considered “managed”.
- Optimize supplier performance through contract compliance, continuous improvement, innovation and TCO reduction.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant sourcing and negotiation experience with demonstrated ability to lead and deliver value.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency to tell the story of “what the data means”.
- Compelling collaboration skills that foster strong relationships with internal & external business partners.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in finding solutions and negotiating strategies. Insatiable desire to learn more and improve every day.
- Unquestionable ethics and the desire to always do the right thing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and Sourcing/Procurement solutions for e-sourcing, spend analytics, contract lifecycle management (CLM) and Procure-to-Pay (P2P).
- Ability to work with and lead geographically dispersed cross-functional teams. Multilingual skills are a plus!
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72864
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.