About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
We operate the data analytics platform used internally by security, apps dev, compliance, and more. We enable our teams to gain insight into their systems, make data driven decisions at business velocity, and reduce MTTR.
What you will do:
- Engage in designing, building, and operating the infrastructure that enables observability of critical assets across the organization. Ensure optimal performance and availability. Automate wherever possible.
- Enable data driven and proactive decisions through:
- Collaborating with other teams to understand their systems.
- Collecting and analyzing logs, metrics, and traces from a wide range of infrastructure, applications, networks, and other sources.
- Deriving insights from data by creating alerts, reports, and visualizations that are interactive and clear.
- Apply debugging and troubleshooting skills to determine the root causes of issues in systems and resolve them.
- Submit quality contributions to various code, configuration, and knowledge bases and review the contributions of others. Develop, document, and refine processes and standards.
- Participate in team practices such as: planning, retrospectives, peer review, working sessions, etc.
- Assist in guiding junior team members.
- Stay up to date with emerging technology and techniques. Implement and report on POC's.
What you will need:
- Education - Bachelor of Science or Engineering (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience - 4-8 years in a role operating a relevant enterprise log analysis
- Deep knowledge on installing, configuring, and maintaining log analysis tools such as Splunk, ELK, Humio, Athena, Greylog, Fluentd, etc.
- Skilled in data processing and visualization:
- SPL, SQL, Regex
- Big Data tools: AWS EMR, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience using *AI/ML
- Comfortable in Linux administration and common OS troubleshooting utilities
- Familiar with automation, DevOps, CI/CD, & IaC tools and practices: Terraform, Jenkins, Git, Ansible, Integrating with APIs
- A fundamental understanding of developing and working in the cloud and with serverless and containerized technologies: AWS, Azure, S3, Lambda, Docker
- Nice-to-have: Familiarity with other monitoring tools such as: Datadog, Dynatrace, Catchpoint, Extrahop, Solarwinds, etc.
- Nice-to-have: Working understanding of good software, network, and systems design
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Contributions meet or exceed team standards
- Looks for opportunities to improve team
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, ServiceNow, or similar tools
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Team mindset: respects the time of others, communicates openly, asks questions, and takes pride in their work
- Aptitude for learning new technologies
- Proactive with their work
What you will get:
- Great colleagues and a collaborative, team-based environment with a manager who will take personal interest in your success.
- Opportunity to learn from experienced team members in other specialties across the organization including data analytics, application performance, systems, networking, cloud development, databases, and security.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies.
- Ability to upskill into new areas.
- Influence and impact critical projects and processes using your expertise.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72861
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.