About the role:
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and motivated developers to join the Gartner’s custom HR Integrations engineering team. Gartner’s custom HR Integrations engineering team is accountable for technical product ownership of our custom HR integrations platform and APIs, and for collaborating with globally positioned technical teams, project managers, stakeholders, and other cross-functional teams to enhance the current platform and to deliver new innovations. The primary business objectives are to create a platform for integration that is scalable, usable, and secure.
What you will do:
- Fluently code as a backend developer using Java, Spring, SpringBoot technologies.
- Develop web applications using open source technologies.
- Work in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment along with ‘technology rockstars’.
- Follow coding standards, build appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Assist in defining software architectures - Collaborate with leads to explore existing systems, determine areas of opportunities.
- Translate designs and style guides provided by the Design team into functional user interfaces, ensuring cross browser compatibility and performance.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to API management, user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related engineering field with experience in software development.
- 4+ years of experience developing customer facing products or web applications.
- Expertise in Java, Spring Boot, Spring, postgreSql.
- Experience with AWS or any cloud is a plus.
- Strong in writing and optimizing SQL queries.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API principles with understanding of security best practices.
- Strong experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to provide accurate estimates of technology work and deliver high quality work on schedule
- Ability to identify systemic operational issues and resolve them
What you will get:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry leading training and development
- Performance based recognition and rewards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72859
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.