About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Senior Azure Data Engineer focused on development of integrations/infrastructure leveraging Azure Data Factory/Azure Synapse for our People Technology Projects. The role would primarily focus on conducting data analysis, developing/supporting high performance data ingestion pipelines, data modelling, dashboarding and collaborating with business teams to create scalable solutions as per business requirements.
What you will do:
- Design, test and implement high performance data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Collaborate with architects and business/data science teams to create scalable Azure based solutions as per business requirements.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Develop data models and schemas in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive analysis.
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding cloud Architecture for infrastructure in Microsoft Azure.
- Recommend best practice methods for improvement and optimization of current infrastructure.
- Create specification documents for designs, testing and support processes.
- Analyze business requirements and prepare development project schedule, tasks, and estimates.
- Collaborate with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation, and delivery of project assignments.
What you will need:
Strong IT professional with 4 – 7 years of experience in software development for data engineering using Python, Azure Data Factory and working with relational SQL databases. The candidate should have strong problem-solving skills along with high on ownership and accountability.
- 4 years of experience in Solution, Design and Development of Cloud based data models, ETL Pipelines and infrastructure for reporting, analytics, and data science.
- 4 years of experience with Azure: ADLS, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL DW, Azure Functions, Server less Architecture, ARM Templates.
- Experience working with and creating databases and Power BI dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data.
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Design principles and Distributed systems and experience of Data Structures and algorithms
- Experience working in different programming languages (Java, python, scala) and version control tools (Git, Subversion)
- Experience working with Spark/ Hive/HDFS
- Experience using automated build systems (CI/CD)
Good to have:
- Knowledge of different database technologies (Relational, NoSQL, Graph, Document, Key-Value, Time Series, etc…). This should include building and managing scalable data models
- Knowledge of TDD/BDD
- Experience working with different flavors of SQL and relative database systems
- Experience in DevOps is good to have
Who you are:
- Graduate/Post graduate in BE/Btech, ME/MTech or MCA is preferred.
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills.
- Able to work independently or within a team proactively in a fast-paced AGILE-SCRUM environment.
- Owns success – Takes responsibility for successful delivery of the solutions.
- Strong desire to improve upon their skills in software development, frameworks, and
Don’t meet every single requirement? We encourage you to apply anyway. You might just be the right candidate for this, or other roles.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- 23 days annual holiday, and additional days off for your birthday, 24th & 31st of December.
- Private Medical and Dental Care.
- Life and Disability Insurance.
- Public Transport Subsidy.
- Ticket Restaurant Card.
- Childcare Vouchers (Ticket Guarderia).
- IncentiFit - annual reimbursement for health-and-wellness-related activities.
- Spanish lessons.
- Pension Scheme.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Gartner Gives Charity Match.
- Relocation Assistance - a specialist to help you with all the appointments and paperwork.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- A valid EU visa/passport is required for this position.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72859
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.