Hiring near our US Centers of Excellence
Hybrid, flexible environment
Gartner offers a hybrid, flexible environment, with remote work that allows associates great flexibility to work from home, and opportunities to connect with colleagues for moments that matter on-site. Candidates that apply should be located within a reasonable proximity to one of Gartner’s Centers of Excellence office locations.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for a Senior Azure Data Engineer focused on development of integrations/infrastructure leveraging Azure Data Factory/Azure Synapse for our People Technology Projects. The role would primarily focus on conducting data analysis, developing/supporting high performance data ingestion pipelines, data modelling, dashboarding and collaborating with business teams to create scalable solutions as per business requirements
What you will do:
- Design, test and implement high performance data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Azure Data Factory, Databricks
- Collaborate with architects and business/data science teams to create scalable Azure based solutions as per business requirements.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Develop data models and schemas in our data warehouse that enable performant, intuitive analysis.
- Provide expertise and leadership regarding cloud Architecture for infrastructure in Microsoft Azure.
- Recommend best practice methods for improvement and optimization of current infrastructure.
- Create specification documents for designs, testing and support processes.
- Analyze business requirements and prepare development project schedule, tasks, and estimates.
- Collaborate with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation, and delivery of project assignments
What you will need:
- 6+ years of IT Professional experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with Azure: ADLS, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL DW, Azure Functions, Serverless Architecture, ARM Templates
- Basic knowledge of Azure ML and AI Workspace.
- Proficient in any object-oriented/ functional scripting languages: Java, Python, C# etc.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing new solutions on the Azure Cloud Platform specifically using Azure SQL Data Warehouse/DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store/Blob, Azure Synapse, Databricks.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, with strong t-SQL skills with experience in Azure SQL DW
- Experience working with and creating databases and Power BI dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience in creating, debugging, migrating data pipelines using Azure Data Factory
- Ability to create and maintain conceptual/business, logical and physical data models.
- Lead QA and Development efforts for automation, data pipelining, and dashboarding within the team.
- Preferably working in HR analytics
What you will get:
Competitive Compensation Package
Ongoing mentorship and apprenticeship; Leadership courses, development programs, technical courses, certification opportunities and more!
20+ PTO days plus holidays and floating holidays in your first year
Extensive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
Hybrid environment with flexibility, remote work
Gartner Gives Charity Match
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Health and wellness related allowance programs
401K with corporate match, immediate vesting
Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72859
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.