Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned IT Research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients.
That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help CIOs and their teams execute their most strategic IT initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
About the role:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT and Market Research. From CIOs to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights, has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as Strategy Consulting, Applications, Benchmarking, Analytics and Cost Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy, Migration & Optimization
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
- Enterprise Application Assessment, Strategy, and Vendor Selection Support
- Enterprise Application Implementation Oversight / Value Assurance
What you’ll do:
Our Consulting Associate Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage project delivery teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
This Consulting Associate Director position will focus primarily on delivering Enterprise Application projects (e.g., ERP, CRM, etc.) for our Education clients in the western United States. There will also be the potential to work on other types of projects for our Education clients (such as Data and Analytics, and Digital Transformation), and on Enterprise Application projects for clients outside of Education.
What you’ll need:
- Experience within a management or technology consultancy in a project delivery capacity. Sales experience would be a plus.
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in or with Education enterprises either in K12, Higher Education and/or Departments of Education, ideally including experience working with education technology / enterprise applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Learning Management Solutions (LMS), and/or data and analytics.
- A consistent track record of leading people and driving high-performing project teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of Education clients.
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal.
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges.
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent understanding of ERP applications, specifically cloud-based solutions
- Experience working with large teams on complex enterprise application projects such as current state assessments, strategy development, requirements gathering, sourcing and software selection, legacy-to-cloud application migration, technical debt reduction, Enterprise Architecture, data and analytics strategies, etc.
- Ability to craft business case, TCO analysis and strategic roadmaps around IT transformative programs such as Digital Transformation, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, Business Transformation, etc.
- 6 or more years of experience within the enterprise applications and IT related infrastructure and support.
- Able to develop high level technical solutions, future state architectures on application stack and conducting detailed options analysis to support business cases.
- Ability to facilitate / drive business process analysis and redesign/re-engineering workshops around one or more key functional domains such as Human Resources, Finance, Asset Management, Procure-to-Pay, Student Administration, and/or Supply Chain
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Track record in achieving / exceeding sales and revenue targets
- Familiarity with architecture best practice and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL, etc.
What we offer:
- A world-class consulting environment
- The opportunity to work on cutting edge IT strategy engagements with a tier one client portfolio
- A competitive salary
- Structured bonus based on individual and corporate performance
- Opportunities for promotion with a clear defined career development structure
- Opportunity to participate actively in the development and future of Gartner Consulting
- A dynamic but relaxed and supportive working environment that encourages personal development
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 142,800 USD - 164,220 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 128,000 USD - 147,200 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72668
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.