Gartner offers a hybrid, virtual-first work model that allows associates great flexibility to work from home, and opportunities to connect with colleagues for moments that matter on-site. Candidates that apply should be located within a reasonable proximity to one of Gartner’s Centers of Excellence office locations.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
Gartner is looking for well-rounded and skilled software engineer to join the Gartner’s Peer Insights Team. You will be part of highly motivated agile team driven by innovation and collaboration. As part of Peer Insights and Product Technology team, you will work on the high-performance web development environments using cutting edge web technologies. You will work in a multi-cloud environment and use containerized pipelines for applications.
What you will do:
- Develop high quality, simple, secure, innovative and scalable technical solutions.
- Assumes ownership and takes responsibility for successful delivery.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to API management, user interface, software architecture or new technologies.
- Design, develop, test and support applications and services using React Native, Node.js, Java and other languages and frameworks.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related engineering field or equivalent experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience developing customer facing web applications.
- 2+ years of experience in React Native, NodeJS, Java & SQL
- Experience with NextJS
- Experience in AWS Serverless Technologies, Lambda functions & EMR
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of object-oriented languages, architecture and design principles
- Experienced with responsive design and multi-platform web development
- Solid understanding of security and best practices
- Any experience with Elastic Search, Redis, Golang are a plus
- Familiar with Continuous Integration is a plus
- Experience with Page Speed Optimization/Core Web Vitals is a plus.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72664
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.