When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The primary function is to perform general accounting/bookkeeping activities which may consist of invoice tracking, payment, & posting journal entries and to perform various accounting duties and special projects.
What you’ll do:
- Perform monthly accounting close processes, including account reconciliations, journal entries, reporting & analysis
- Reconcile various worldwide balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Drive and support continuous improvement by supporting management initiatives and developing & documenting new processes
- Review processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency/accuracy and implement solutions
- Prepare analysis & reports for management, other Finance departments and BUs for use in making timely, fact-based business decision
- Complete special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Keep management abreast of current activities within areas of responsibility
- Investigate anomalies identified to determine root causes and implement solutions to improve process
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 0-2 years accounting or finance experience
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong initiative and willingness to take on projects in a proactive manner
- Ability to manage constantly shifting priorities and requirements
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72646
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.