Want to help influence the world’s best companies? Join Gartner as an Account Executive, and help drive sales growth while managing a client portfolio that is unmatched among other advisory and consulting companies.
The Account Executive is the focal point for all customer interaction within our Mid-Sized Enterprises practices sales and renewal cycle. You will act as a business-practice guide to their assigned member organizations and monitors his or her accounts development and growth from initial sale to year-on-year renewal always staying aware of cross-sell opportunities.
How You Will Make an Impact in Account Management
- Watch all commercial activities within a practice, for a pool of 20-50 companies.
- Teach clients and prospects the benefits of Gartner products and services, detailing our business model and value proposition.
- Craft new business leads, and generate cross-selling opportunities through existing member relationships.
- Determine appropriate tactics to drive urgency in sales cycle including trial meetings, teleconferences, and guest website access.
- Use existing member relationships to contact new business leads and generate cross-selling opportunities.
- Across an annual cycle, invest in the activities that help your pool of companies significantly grow revenue.
- Pursue, negotiate, and close cross-sell opportunities, leading senior executives into active membership status through a consultative sales approach.
- Master the research terrain for the membership, and monitor industry trends as necessary.
- Customize account plans for member companies, outlining service delivery, revenue growth strategies, and potential additions for existing memberships.
- Build relationships with prospects and existing clients (members) by demonstrating in-depth institutional knowledge, understanding their specific business needs, and presenting an appropriate mix of Gartner products and research solutions through personal visits and phone calls.
- Work with product partners to ensure targeted and substantive resolution of diagnosed client needs.
- Help upgrade other Account Managers skills and abilities through feedback and mentoring, with strong emphasis on building commercial skills (e.g. diagnosis and negotiation ability, sales pipeline management, and forecasting accuracy).
We Want an Account Executive with These Qualifications
- 3-5 years of successful sales/account management experience, including holding commercial negotiations within a blue-chip client base and handling at least 50 accounts/opportunities
- Validated ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Skills in leading multiple commercial processes (new business sales and renewals), forecasting precisely, and identifying challenges to a positive commercial outcome
- Strong ethic for fulfilling service requests and keen interest in building relationships with executives
- Ability to use internal influence to ensure that Gartner s full capabilities are brought to bear in serving our clients
- Excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail
- Deep understanding of business concepts for large national and international corporations, as well as Gartner's product portfolio
- Undergraduate degree preferred (any discipline)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72483
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.