Business Development Executive, Large Enterprise
What you’ll do:
As an experienced sales professional, you’ll partner with existing Gartner clients, leveraging internal subject matter experts, to address their most critical priorities. By becoming a true partner to your clients, you’ll identify opportunities for account retention and growth through contract expansion, introducing new services and products. Clients of the large enterprise sales team have $1B+ in annual revenue and include 77% of the Global 500.
If you're interested in being part of a collaborative, diverse and high performing team, then this might be the right opportunity for you!
Who we are?
Gartner fo helps executives build their function for the future by uncovering best-practice approaches to solve critical priorities using case studies, tools, diagnostics, and training. We enable C-suite level executives and their teams to find new sources of efficiency in service delivery, develop talent, and strengthen the function’s business influence. It’s an exciting time to be at Gartner as we expand our team in this fast-growing market.
Who are we looking for?
We need a Business Development Executive to drive new business across organisations but with the potential to expand the territory. This is your chance to develop value propositions to leaders and their organisations across the region related to their corporate goals and mission-critical priorities. Do you want to work with senior executives and help them solve their most pressing mission-critical priorities?
You will target top executives of previously untapped potential member companies, drive the pivotal moment where prospects become sales, and reap the rewards of negotiating contracts through to a successful close.
How will I make an impact?
- You will be prospecting and generating commercially viable opportunities with C-suite level executives across private sector organisations and handling the sales conversation from prospect to deal close.
- You will identify and develop new business opportunities throughout the EMEA region with new-to-Gartner organisations.
- You will convert viable prospects into Gartner clients (members), owning the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the account management team.
- You will demonstrate commercial agility and acuity for effectively articulating the programs’ value proposition and diagnosing the prospective members’ business needs.
- You will own an average sales cycle of 3 months or less.
- You will run complex sales, of large deal sizes, across matrix and complex business environments.
Our Ideal Profile
- Proven ability to precisely run and forecast a complex sales process
- You should have around 5+ years of successful sales/business development experience, including commercial negotiations with C-level clients in blue-chip companies
- Ability to handle revenue responsibility and meet monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals
- Strong listening skills; can quickly build rapport and deliver compelling, persuasive arguments to an executive-level audience
- Deep understanding of and interest in business concepts & dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills
What Gartner Can Offer You
- High-reaching base salary plus uncapped incentive compensation
- Formal paid training and on-boarding program
- Full benefits package
- The opportunity to directly impact the world's most powerful executives
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72457
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.