Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
This Senior Director of research regarding Low-Code, No-Code Applications Platforms (LCAPs) will have documented experience as a Product Manager bringing successful LCAPs to market. They will exhibit deep understanding of the market opportunity, competitive landscape and client requirements that will inform key decisions across the full product lifecycle.
- Lead research to be delivered to Technology & Service Provider Product Managers that will enable clients to build and launch highly differentiated, competitive low-code, no-code applications platforms (LCAPs). This will include knowledge of key market trends and client requirements to guide clients with key insights regarding how to prioritize product investments.
- Solid understanding of the dynamics of markets closely tied to LCAPs, for example iBPMs, RPA, Hyperautomation, and iPaaS and how trends within LCAP market will have ripple affects across these related markets.
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act
- Develop in-depth analysis to identify the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive strategy forward
- Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts
- Bring provocative, independent insights to Gartner leaders that can evolve the course of a research agenda
- Research, analyze and predict market trends and shifts to provide clients and vendors with actionable insights
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer review
- Build credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
- Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions
- Product Management role experience working for large or global Technology and Service Provider (>$250M)
- Deep technical knowledge of LCAP products, vendors, and use cases. The emerging trends and technologies driving the LCAP market as well as other application markets that leverage LCAPs to deliver business value.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Subject matter expert comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Deep knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as the interplay in that market
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Learning agile and adept with navigating highly matrixed environments
- Ability to represent Gartner's research methodology and strategies effectively at all levels
Our awards and accolades:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021
- Careers & the disABLED Magazine Top 50 Employers 2021
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72411
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.