Director Analyst- Software Engineering
This is a remote role, based in the United States.
Are you passionate about helping clients with the technical hurdles they face when building software? Do you want to influence software engineer technical trends at scale? Gartner is hiring an analyst with a particular focus on providing practitioner level technical expertise in an agile software engineering environment. Hands-on expertise is required. Our technical practice provides the backbone of Gartner software engineering research by identifying, influencing and sharing best practices, hype and pitfalls across the software design, build and run lifecycle. Gartner analysts share our knowledge directly through client interactions, research, and conferences worldwide. Our growing team provides the opportunity to gain, shape and share software engineering expertise across a wide range of clients and mediums.
- Develop thought leading research deliverables.
- Work with clients on strategic and tactical technology challenges.
- Deliver presentations at Gartner events, including Catalyst, Summits, and Symposia.
- Work with software vendors on product direction.
- Attain industry leadership by responding to press inquiries and speaking at industry events.
- Support Gartner sales with client visits and consultation.
- Contribute to research and agenda planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
Gartner is seeking a technical professional with practitioner level software engineering knowledge in delivering products with agile practices at the team and optionally at the enterprise level.
- Qualified candidates will demonstrate expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- 10+ years of experience within Modern Software Engineering and Development, with 3+ years in a practitioner role.
- Strong experience delivering products and services with agile methods utilizing DevOps toolchain products, practices, and frameworks.
- Proven understanding of Software Development Life Cycle practices, vendors, and tools.
- Hands-on experience with both commercial and open-source Software Quality and Testing practices and tools. Ability to articulate the different types of testing practices available, why they are important and how to implement them.
- Technical Leadership – Stakeholder engagement, horizon planning, platform and developer environment, engineering intelligence and continuous improvement
- The successful candidate has substantial and active expertise within their area of proficiency
- Candidates may come from an end user environment, software vendor in the product team, development team from a supplier organization, or a consulting background with the relevant experience in this space.
- Whilst hands-on technical knowledge and experience is critical, it is equally important that the successful candidate has the ability to see beyond design to meet business and commercial aims.
- Excellent writing and research skills, coupled with strong analytical skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including small to large audiences (500+ people)
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to graciously give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to take a position, based on facts, and support that position to clients, both external and internal, with clear analysis. Willingness to openly consider new information. i.e. “Strong opinions, weakly held.”
- Broad knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies and practices.
- Ability to identify how changing technologies will impact technology choices.
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time, mostly within the region (EMEA/NA depending on home base), with some international travel.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72363
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.