About the role:
Gartner needs a well-rounded and motivated Lead Data Analytics Engineer who will be a part of the CDO Platform team. The CDO platform team is responsible for innovating the platform on which CDO products are delivered, optimizing performance and cost. CDO organization builds data solutions leveraging the latest technology and methodologies to analyze,
develop, model and verify interfaces, applications, logic and services that help solve data challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement best practices for design, architecture and implementation of high-performance, scalable, highly available and optimized big data platform on cloud.
- Design and automate the deployment of our data pipelines and applications to our data environment to support data scientists and researchers with their reporting and data requirements.
- Build workflows using data from a wide variety of sources, including on premise databases and external data sources with rest APIs and harvesting tools.
- Drive automation efforts across the data analytics team utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Support MDM initiatives and work on Ataccama MDM platform for governance, data discovery, profiling and classification; Enable automation of tasks in Ataccama.
- Work with internal infrastructure teams on monitoring, security, and configuration of datalake environment and applications
- Collaborate with internal business units and data science teams on business requirements, data access, processing/transformation and reporting needs and leverage existing and new tools to provide solutions; Effectively support and partner with businesses on implementation, technical issues and training on the data ecosystem
- Work with team on managing Azure resources (Databricks, ADF pipelines, etc.) and AWS resources (EMR, ECS clusters, etc.) and continuously improve deployment process of our applications
- Work with administrative resources and support provisioning, monitoring, configuration and maintenance of tools and services.
- Promote the integration of new cloud technologies and continuously evaluate new tools that will improve the organization’s capabilities while leading to lower total cost of operation.
- Work with the team to implement data governance, access control and identify and reduce security risks.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related technical fields.
- 3-6 year’s experience in software development, including experience in Big Data and/or Cloud Services
- Expertise in Azure cloud services, Linux Operating Systems, Shell scripting and DevOps/CI/CD frameworks.
- Experience with continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins and infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Knowledge and experience of Azure data related services such as Azure Databricks, Data factory, EventHub, ADLS, etc.; Self learner and ability to experiment and adopt new tools to build more efficient processes.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including RDS, MS SQL, DynamoDB, etc. and with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Oozie, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, Shell scripting, etc.
- Experience with big data tools and services preferred: Spark, Hive, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Event Hub is a plus.
- Passion for understanding and working with large amounts of data (structured and unstructured), building data pipelines for ETL workloads from internal and external sources and leveraging tools that extract raw data into useful information and insights utilizing Data Science, Analytics, Business Intelligence (BI) and visualization tools to support business needs.
- Ability to take vague requirements and transform them into deliverables
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Takes initiative on improvements and testing results.
- Consultant mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an organized and timely manner.
- Detailed oriented, with the ability to plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:72184
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.