Principal, Insight Accelerator COE
Gartner is a people business. Fueled by expert analysis, bold ideas and intellectual courage, we are a team of thinkers, doers, and lifelong learners. We are innately curious, drive, disciplined and humble
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner Research, you’ll be part of a leading-edge team that values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage. You’ll deliver must-have research through compelling client interactions and contribute to our double-digit growth by providing our clients worldwide the unbiased insight they need to make the right decisions on their key initiatives. Through constant learning, discovery and collaboration you’ll not only help clients deliver on the promise of digital, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. Our culture demands hard work — and rewards it with exceptional opportunity. If you’re always looking for what’s next in technology, Gartner is looking for you.
About this role:
Are you intellectually curious and motivated by ideas? Do you want to create research products that are widely used by executive leaders worldwide? Gartner is searching for an India-based Principal to join our Insight Accelerator Center of Excellence.
This opportunity gives researchers an exposure to a range of leadership-level strategic and management topics. The Principal will be responsible for (a) investigating, analyzing, and writing on critical issues facing senior executives in leading global corporations and (b) ideating and scaling strategic content delivery models to create an effortless client experience & drive efficiency for the business. This individual will work on a wide range written deliverables that require (but not limited to) qualitative research methods – interview subject matter experts, conduct wide-ranging secondary literature searches, and synthesize information to elicit key insights – to help organizations transform the way they operate. The Principal must be intellectually curious and have the desire to quickly develop “generalist” knowledge. The role is a key feeder to careers reaching the highest levels of the firm.
What you will do:
- Learn and execute Gartner's proven methodology for conducting world-class research that helps identify best practice solutions to many of today's biggest business challenges.
- Analyze and interpret business problems using root cause analysis, hypothesis generation, and other qualitative methods.
- Conduct research by speaking with senior executives and professionals, academics, industry experts, etc. and conducting wide-ranging secondary literature searches
- Independently create and/or manage key research deliverables, including but not limited to: white papers, how-to-guides, case studies, presentations and webinars, templates, and custom research requests.
- Directly lead, develop, and motivate one or more researchers across the entire project life-cycle – from conception to completion and presentation.
- Monitor content performance and provide suggestions to elevate quality and deliver on Gartner’s client engagement & retention objectives.
- Support content/ product planning by identifying gaps in the existing plans and suggesting topical research suggestions
- Closely collaborate with peers and senior stakeholders in India, the US, UK, and Australia as a part of global research initiatives.
What you will need:
- Master's (MBA, Sociology, History, Finance, Philosophy, Literature, etc.) or PhD degree in fields such as management, social science, sociology etc.
- 5-7 years of research and/or management consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in global teams
Who you are:
We are looking for creative, analytically strong, articulate and self-motivated individuals who would like to develop a strong knowledge of the terrain along with building consultative problem-solving skills. Unlike management consulting, investment banking, or law, our strategic research positions do not depend on a special appetite or aptitude for sales or business development. Our search for talent is centered, without exception, on the ability to run deep on a logical, philosophical, or economic problem and resurface with rigorous original insight. Some of the shared characteristics of our successful hires include:
- Strong appetite to dive deep into a given content terrain to develop expertise and distill key findings.
- Ability to gather, analyze, restructure, identify and create original insights from qualitative and/or quantitative data.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, detailed and solution oriented with precision of language and ability to organize information logically.
- Proven competence for meeting deadlines, multi-tasking and managing work under ambiguity and with changing priorities.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Aspiration to constantly learn and improve.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and manage projects and stakeholders effectively
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
What we offer:
In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner research team enjoys exceptional benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Great on job learning
- A great work culture
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71867
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.