Sr. Director Analyst, Security Operations
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in security technology management.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard, and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders whose insights help clients achieve their mission-critical priorities and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. As Senior Director you will serve as a leader within Gartner Research and Advisory. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in creating pragmatic and provocative research. They are a trusted source of advice for clients by engaging with them via advisory calls, virtual meetings, sales support, and Gartner conferences.
What you will do:
- Provide clients with actionable insights in advisory calls
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership
- Bring independent insights that accelerate the client's ability to act
- Research, analyze, and predict market trends and shifts
- Collaboratively perform must-have research on Security Operations topics
- Create clear and actionable research documents and graphics
- Provide peer review and feedback on other experts' research
- Actively lead and participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions
- Develop and deliver presentations for webinars and conferences
- Grow the business by supporting sales with proof-of-concept calls
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting other team members
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience in cybersecurity
- Ability to establish credibility with executives and leadership stakeholders
- Strong expertise in vulnerability management and threat detection and response (SOC, SIEM, SOAR, TI, IR)
- Experience in leading research, security operations teams, or product development
- Strong independent and collaborative work habits in a global work environment
- Superior analytical skills, and proficiency in analyzing data and synthesizing insights
- Articulate and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation development and public speaking skills
- Willingness to travel for Gartner conferences (where applicable and when deemed safe)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.Gartner believes in fair and equitable pay. Certain locations in the United States require job postings to include a reasonable estimate of the base salary range and/or a general description of benefits and other compensation applicable to the role. For this role in those locations, the base salary range for new hires is:
California Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Colorado Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New Jersey Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
New York Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Washington Annualized Base Pay Range: 150,000 USD - 170,000 USD
Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location. In addition to base salary, employees will participate in either an annual bonus plan based on company and individual performance, or a role-based, uncapped sales incentive plan. Our talent acquisition team will provide the specific opportunity on our bonus or incentive programs to eligible candidates. We also offer market leading benefit programs including generous PTO, a 401k match up to $7,200 per year, the opportunity to purchase company stock at a discount, and more.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71404
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.