About this role:
The Gartner Finance Leadership Development Rotational Program is a two-year development opportunity for high-potential individuals completing their final year of their undergraduate program. Individuals selected for this role will join Gartner’s Finance team…a team with the vision to be valued business partners with the recognized breadth, depth and experience to thoroughly understand Gartner’s diverse business operating models, articulate the drivers of both operational and financial performance, and anticipate the financial impact of strategic decisions while simultaneously delivering world-class financial management expertise across the organization.
What you'll do:
The participants gain valuable on-the-job experience through four six-month rotations in different functions within Gartner’s finance organization. The Finance Leadership Development Program may include rotations in: Business Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Strategy, Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Pricing, Treasury, Special Projects, Sales Intelligence & Analytics, Territory Planning, Sales Strategy, etc.
The Rotational Program will include/develop:
- Exposure to senior finance leaders, senior business unit leaders and executive management as part of cross-functional project teams
- A network of contacts and relationships throughout the organization
- A broad understanding of the organization’s business units and operations
- Exposure to / experience with key financial and business systems
- Both an understanding of the issues involved in managing a complex and multifaceted global organization, and experience in designing and implementing solutions to these challenges
- A strong foundation of finance and technical accounting skills
What you'll need:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, business, economics, statistics, or related field
- Ability to solve complex problems in ambiguous environments
- Strong financial modeling, data analytics, and technical skills
- Ability to synthesize both qualitative and quantitative inputs in business decisions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills, including the ability to build relationships with, collaborate, and influence associates across all levels of the company
- Must be a fast learner and comfortable managing unexpected change
- Willingness to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- High standards and a commitment to excellence with high attention to detail
- High level of integrity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint; Hyperion Financial Management, PowerBI and SQL experience are a plus
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71123
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.