Director Analyst, Digital Marketing Expert, Insurance Industry Focus (Flexible Remote US Location)
About this role:
As part of Gartner’s Marketing and Communication practice, you will help digital marketing leaders in the Insurance industry achieve their strategic objectives.
What you'll do:
- Conduct analysis and write thought leadership research
- Advise insurance marketing leaders (CxOs) on digital marketing best practices, industry trends, and consumer insights across the Property and Casualty (P&C) and Life & Annuities (L&A) verticals
- Deliver high quality, actionable advice through phone, video, and face-to-face presentations and discussions with clients
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas
- Benchmark and share unique knowledge of the brand landscape, leading brands and enterprises, rising leaders, category-specific leaders, and best-in-class execution case studies
What you'll need:
- 10+ years of subject matter expertise in disciplines such as digital marketing, performance marketing, product marketing, or customer experience
- Direct working experience for companies within the Property & Casualty or Life & Annuities sectors or in client-facing roles (e.g., agency, consulting firm)
- A clear, demonstrable understanding of the role of website and mobile app experiences, content marketing, paid and organic search, advertising/paid media, email, and social media platforms in acquiring and retaining insurance customers
- Aptitude to understand and interpret large data sets, derive insights, and present to and discuss with a senior-level audience
- Familiarity with consumer insights and market research practices
- Strong understanding of industry and consumer dynamics across B2C, B2B, and B2B2C distribution models (e.g., challenges unique to marketing direct-to-consumer and via independent or captive insurance agents)
- Understanding of how to build a digital marketing and engagement roadmap, refine or advance an existing strategy, and how brands are taking advantage of emerging trends
- Experience with user experience, paid media, and content management is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, business and financial acumen
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Able to travel occasionally for major events, regionally or globally
- Be obsessed with your topic-- know your industries, trends, best practices, innovations, etc. and be able to see both the forest and the trees
- Excellent collaborator with the ability to quickly build rapport and gain client trust
- Confident and engaging speaker with a high level of executive presence (prior experience with speaking engagements is a plus)
- Analytical thinker with the ability to process information quickly and make actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to write compelling, actionable research for executive clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Willing to challenge conventional norms and views
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71114
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.