About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About this role:
Manages a team of Technical support specialists that provide second level support to identify and solve technical issues to meet Gartner standards and SLA's for all Gartner Associates (in local and regional Gartner offices or working remotely), as well as support for complex technical issues for a site. The Site Manager also provide technical expertise and resource for projects, site visits and Gartner Events support as well as mentoring and providing an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists. In addition, may be required to provide Systems, Telecoms and Real Estate Operations support for specific office locations
What you’ll do:
- Manages a team delivering escalated (level 2) technical support for a region: Provides advanced technical hardware troubleshooting & diagnosis, software troubleshooting/installation, and information gathering to provide business solutions to keep Gartner Associates and infrastructure operational 24x7, and resource accordingly
- Recruit, train, support & mentor the regional team
- Ensures Asset Management is accurately maintained
- Actively participates in development and implementation of support processes & best practices and ensures they are followed.
- Act as project lead on certain projects, ensuring they are delivered on time
- Ensure the team are resourced correctly and supporting associates proactively e.g. Support Lounge, training, tech orientations etc.
- Active Management of Service Request, Incident, and Activities: Responsible for ensuring all associate interactions are accurately documented, assigned, and communicated in order to determine and resolve issues, escalate if necessary, and provide solutions for future problem resolution and process improvements. Act as an escalation point to Technical Support Specialists locally or regionally.
- Management of Real Estate Operations: When requested ensure that occupancy data is maintained, relocations, office moves and restacks are completed on time and within budget with good feedback from associates.
- Management of support provided for Systems & Telecom if needed
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification
- 6 - 10 years’ experience in a technical support/operational role
- Experience in managing IT programs or projects
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Strong client focus, interaction and resolution experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high volume, process-oriented environment.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71063
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.