Software Engineer, Java
Gartner offers a hybrid, virtual-first work model that allows associates great flexibility to work from home, and opportunities to connect with colleagues for moments that matter on-site. Candidates that apply should be located within a reasonable proximity to one of Gartner’s Centers of Excellence office locations.
About Gartner IT:
Join a world-class team of skilled engineers who build creative digital solutions to support our colleagues and clients. We make a broad organizational impact by delivering cutting-edge technology solutions that power Gartner. Gartner IT values its culture of nonstop innovation, an outcome-driven approach to success, and the notion that great ideas can come from anyone on the team.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer, with a passion for coding and keeping up with the latest in software development and technology, to build data driven, scalable, and secure applications and tools at Gartner. The individual will be part of a scrum team and will be responsible for design, development, and delivery of Web Applications, Microservices and aws technologies supporting gartner.com.
What you will do:
- You will be working as part of a team integrating multiple platforms and technologies to deliver custom solutions that focus on increasing engagement and maximizing the value Gartner provides to its clients. This includes working closely with business, product owners, data scientists and machine learning platforms.
What you will need:
- 2 + years of experience with building applications with Java, Spring-boot or similar frameworks.
- Experience working with Postgres, or Oracle or equivalent enterprise RDBMS system.
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Solid understanding of Test-Driven Development, JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Repository Management (Git)
- Advanced Knowledge of development methodologies, standards, and object-oriented design patterns
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication, detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Owner mindset – identify, communicate, and act on issues and initiatives in an organized and timely manner
- A passion for engineering, learning, and teamwork is a must!
- Nice to have: Hands on Experience with AWS Core such as S3, CloudFront, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, Elastic cache / Redis, Lambda, Kinesis etc.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71029
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.