Gartner Conferences is seeking an experienced Strategic Project Management leader. This experienced leader will be responsible for managing the strategic direction of the Production Experience for all Destination Conferences- to include Gartner Keynotes, Guest Keynotes, Signature Series sessions and more. This leader will be responsible for overseeing a team of project managers who are responsible for the audience experience, timeline, budget, and on-site execution for Gartner’s highest tier of marquee content at global Conferences.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the strategic direction of the Production Experience for the Destination Conferences portfolio, with a focus on globally scalable solutions that focus on a world-class attendee experience.
- Lead and develop a team of production project managers in creating a globally consistent production experience for our audiences around the world.
- Partner with Conference Program Management, Conference Logistics and Research & Advisory and understand each teams’ objectives, messaging and priorities for our conference audiences.
- Oversee relationships with Gartner’s production agencies across different regions throughout the globe.
- Oversee internal and external production partners in the creation and development of creative and video media including stage sets, graphics, videos. Translate the broader Gartner strategy to the partners for the creation of high quality, relevant assets.
- Create strong connections to the Corporate Branding as well as Conference Creative Journey teams to ensure the Production Experience is tied back to the overall brand look and messaging.
- Create Global standards of delivery across the Destination Conference portfolio with a focus on scalability while still bringing new innovative ideas to the experience
- Create and develop a robust set of processes and documentation to effectively scale the business and optimize efficiency.
- Oversee the financial management of the Production Experience including budget writing, negotiation, accurate monthly forecasts and investment requests.
- Maintain a professional working relationship with all stakeholders including Gartner Operating Committee members, global conference production team, Gartner research & advisory, internal and external production partners
- Extensive domestic and international travel will be required.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years’ experience in events Industry in related roles such as Executive Producer, Event Director, Creative Director, Show Producer (as examples)
- Project management and team leadership experience a must
- End to end understanding of live event and large-scale event production
- Large-scale agency management desirable
- Global experience preferred – US & Canada, LATAM, EMEA, LATAM, Japan & China
- Client focused, results oriented, strong collaborator, attention to detail, creative, agile, professional confidence, influencing others and a sense of urgency are all requirements to be successful in this role.
- Ability to build and leverage relationships both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and confident decision maker
- Effective leadership skills
- Strategic thinker
- Fully competent in Microsoft office, especially PPT and Excel
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:71022
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.