Business Development Manager – European Mid Sized Enterprise
Role Location: Egham
About the role:
As a Business Development Manager for EMSE, you will be joining Gartner’s fastest growing region operating at the forefront of Gartner’s sales function, responsible for acquiring new clients for Gartner. You will be given ownership for a specific territory targeting prospective clients with business revenue of up to $750 million per annum.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with new-to-Gartner organizations
- Own the full sales cycle from prospecting through close
- Convert viable prospects to active Gartner clients (members), leading the full sales conversation and negotiation before transitioning new clients to the account management team
What we offer:
- Limitless development and learning opportunities – from your initial sales training period of 3 weeks, right through your first year and beyond, Gartner will continually support you in being successful in your role, as well as continuous career development
- A collaborative and positive culture — Your team will be as smart and driven as you
- Outstanding compensation and rewards for achievement and over achievement— Plus additional benefits such as family private health, strong pension, dental
- A chance to make an impact — You will be joining a fast-growing business with a market leading product and a huge opportunity for further accelerated growth
What you’ll need:
- Circa 2-5 years of sales experience with a strong track record of success, preferably in consultative, senior-level B2b sales or similar
- A high level of commercial intellect, executive presence and sales acumen
- A high level of drive for individual success, combined with a collaborative approach.
Join our team:
You’ll be successful in this role if you are an action-oriented individual who is focused on getting great results and achieving great things.
As a BD team, we consistently embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development. The team is collaborative; one team with a shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually.
Who are we:
Gartner is the world’s leading research and advisory company, offering information, advice and tools for business leaders. Our impact to organizations globally is reflected in our consistent double-digit growth for the past 40 quarters by providing objective and invaluable insights to our C-level executive clients, where we guide them to achieve the mission-critical priorities of their organization. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and now employ over 17,000 associates globally and support 12,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
Our awards and accolades
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020
- Forbes America’s Best Employers 2018, 2019; Best Management Consulting Firms 2017, 2018, 2019
- Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index Best Places to Work for LBGTQ Equality 2018, 2019 & 2020
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70995
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.