What makes Gartner a GREAT fit for you?
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
About this role:
The Enterprise Analytics Self Service Center of Excellence is responsible for guiding our business users globally for corporate-wide analytics initiatives. The Business Analyst will be part of this team and will serve as a local and global resource to help drive and improve self-service analytics across the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize an advanced understanding of multiple data structures, sources, and tools to guide business partners in the development of self-service analytics, which may include data visualization, business intelligence, or data collection
- Lead live virtual training sessions for other Gartner associates
- Engage in cross-team collaboration with multiple business units, and with individuals with varying levels of analytical experience within those business units
- Collaborate with business users to help develop reports, while mentoring to drive self-service moving forward
- Help our business users learn to self-serve for their analytics and reporting needs, primarily leveraging Power BI
- Ensure proper BI standards, policies and procedures are followed
- Create usage reports and monitor usage for self-service analytics platforms and resources
- Research and validate data models leveraged by self-service users
- Deliver all assignment work within quality standards and on time, often within tight deadlines
- Collaborate with team to update existing training content and/or create new training content
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Masters or advanced degree a plus
- Industry knowledge of BI landscape and latest emerging tools supporting descriptive to perspective analytics
- Strong analytics skills and experience in Power BI
- Proficiency with DAX, Power Query(M) and SQL
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge, such as mentoring or training
- Ability to work in global, cross functional virtual teams
- Strong communication skills to ensure satisfaction of Gartner associates requesting support
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of AAS is a plus
- Knowledge of Python/R is a plus
- Knowledge of Data Bricks is a plus
Who you are:
- A professional with at least 2 years of work experience leveraging Power BI
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups and mentoring others
- Enthusiastic about learning and sharing new techniques
- Self-motivated and able to independently complete assignments with little to no oversight, as well as leverage resources when applicable
- Teachable and able to embrace best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenge
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, you will be part of a team that is extremely collaborative and creative. Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible work environment
- Great work culture
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70824
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.