Gartner is a company built on trust. Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity is critical to maintaining the trust we have with our clients and the market. It is also essential to the continued success of our brand. The Ombuds Senior Specialist is responsible for addressing questions or concerns about any Gartner business or associate activity related to Gartner’s independence or objectivity.
What you’ll do:
- Independently, and in conjunction with other team members, review independence and objectivity issues and disputes with internal associates, clients, and non-clients by evaluating ethics, integrity, fairness, balance, independence and objectivity, and adherence to methodologies and guidelines.
- Collaborate with, and at times lead, other team members on projects and initiatives to improve Gartner's processes, policies, guidelines, and training.
- When appropriate, identify steps that could be taken by the business to address systemic issues.
- Continuously work to improve matter-handling approaches and share with team members.
- Share relevant content from matters that represent operational, reputational, or legal risk to the company and brand with L&C leadership and BU leaders.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a research, legal, or compliance environment; experience in IT industry a plus
- Solid understanding of Gartner businesses and acceptable practices
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Confidence, empathy, objectivity
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities and to prioritize available resources
- Conflict-resolution/mediation skills and experience a plus
Who you are:
- Self-motivated, high-potential performer, with demonstrated ability to influence and lead
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Coachable and open to best practices and feedback to achieve continuous improvement
- Consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility, and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
What we offer:
- In addition to an outstanding work environment with rapid advancement potential, Gartner associates enjoy exceptional compensation and benefits, including:
- An upbeat, positive culture. Integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mindset are central to our values
- Limitless growth. We work with you to help you meet your goals and advance within the company
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo
- Exposure to industry-leading training and development
- Performance-based recognition and rewards
When you join Gartner, you’ll be part of a fast-growing team that helps the world become smarter and more connected. We’re the leader in our industry, achieving double-digit growth by helping clients make the right decisions with business and technology insights they can’t find anywhere else. Our associates enjoy a collaborative work environment, exceptional training and career development — as well as unlimited growth potential. If you like working with a generous, supportive, high-performing team, Gartner is where you want to be.
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading information technology research and advisory company. We deliver the technology-related insight necessary for our clients to make the right decisions, every day. We work with every client to research, analyze and interpret the business of IT within the context of their individual role. Founded in 1979, Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.A. – Visit gartner.com to learn more.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70600
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.