About the role:
Gartner Analysts are recognized as industry thought leaders working with a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice, in this case, supporting CIOs at the local, regional and global level. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day with personal interactions, virtual meetings, extended briefings and short consultative engagements, and Gartner conferences. In these interactions and engagements, the Senior Director will discuss complex client challenges, demonstrate mastery of their research space, and offer appropriate recommendations.
For this Specific Position:
This role is part of a team that develops content and insights to help CIOs and other senior technology executives lead their Strategy, Execution and Organization functions. This role will focus on the Organization part, specifically on topics such as:
- Talent Management
- Organizational behavior, collaboration, and culture.
- Structural design.
- People and stakeholder management.
All developed with a program management or transformation management context. Practical impacts of “future of work” and democratized digital delivery by design, and how to navigate them, will also be a part of the agenda. An innovative approach to these key topics will be required to deliver tangible change, and impact, for our clients.
What you will do:
- Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content
- Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act
- Develop in-depth analysis to identify the root cause of a client’s barriers or overall needs and reframe thinking to drive strategy forward
- Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing research positions across a team of analysts
- Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
- Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
- Provide sales support and help drive engagement with clients. Embody Gartner’s value proposition as an indispensable advisor in advancing client progress against their critical priorities.
- Provide high quality and timely research content peer review
- Establish credibility as an industry expert to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy
- Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
- Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery
- Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
- Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions
What you will need :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
- 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience, former experience as an advisor to CIOs and/or a Senior Level consultant is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
- Strong written and verbal proficiency, (both in Japanese and English,) analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
- Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
- Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
- Subject matter expert comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
- Deep knowledge of emerging trends and the ability to track them across their hype cycle.
- Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
- Adept at navigating highly matrixed environments, a self starter devoted to perpetual learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s mission-critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have over 19,500 associates globally that support over 15,000 client enterprises in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a diversity of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70597
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.