About Gartner Digital Markets:
Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology choices and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three top brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a start-up, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
About the role:
We’re looking for a passionate Infrastructure and DevOps Engineer to join our team. The role will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production infrastructure. The Senior DevOps will be part of a global team and contribute to build and maintain infrastructure and help us achieve SLA goals of 99.99%.
What will you do:
- Implement best practices for software build, deployment and maintenance.
- Work with our infrastructure organization on environment setup, automation, and streamlining the stand up and scale out of infrastructure.
- Develop and improve our monitoring and alerting systems.
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications.
- Automate the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on.
- Research various infrastructure and solutions in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Administration of AWS resources including provisioning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Manage Kubernetes cluster and continuously improve the deployment process of our applications.
- Work with various Engineering teams to outline the DevOps execution strategy for different projects.
- Drive Automation efforts across the organization utilizing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform, Configuration Management, and Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) tools such as Jenkins.
- Assist with organization wide security considerations. Find the best ways to identify security risks and incidents and suggest improvements and create automation as needed to detect and mitigate those risks.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 5-8 years’ experience in IT infrastructure work and expertise on AWS platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Docker containers and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in AWS platform, Linux Operating Systems, Networking, and Database concepts.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins.
- Experience with scripting with Bash, python etc.
- Good combination of technical and interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication; detail-oriented with the ability to work independently.
- Nice to have : Certifications in AWS and Kubernetes
- Who you are:
- The role will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production infrastructure.
What you will get:
● Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy and more!
○ India: Group Medical Insurance, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
● Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
● Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70410
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.