About this role:
The senior. Financial Analyst role is designated to support the growth of our expanding business units providing strategic financial direction.
What you will do:
- Develop, deploy, and troubleshoot analytics models against large data sets, optimize models to improve performance, and enhance models to increase feature sets
- Develop automated workflows to standardize ad hoc processes and drive data consistency and quality
- Build predictive and prescriptive models for short-term and long-term business planning and support periodic financial reporting
- Partner with senior business leaders to define the scope and key success criteria of analytics projects
- Prepare high quality output in the form of visualizations, charts and graphs that help the business leadership understand the impact of the insights
- Identify ways to streamline and automate internal financial processes to reduce reporting timelines, increase accuracy, and lower dependencies on other teams
- Work with data source providers, as well as technology and operations teams to ensure that key financial data is accurate, automated, and delivered in a timely fashion
- Track, monitor, and share monthly financial reporting focusing on defect elimination; improve and own financial reporting and validation processes
- Leverage extensive financial and operational data to uncover actionable insights
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis on large data sets and provide actionable insights
What you will need:
- Four to six years of corporate experience in working with large, multi-dimensional data sets and developing different types of visualizations
- Working knowledge of Python and SQL as well as data visualization software such as Power BI
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Passion for automation of processes & reporting
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders in a matrixed organization
- Ability to solve complex problems and successfully manage ambiguity and unexpected change
- Experience working with and creating analytics to enable stakeholders for data driven decision making
- Ability to prioritize projects, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion under tight deadlines
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance required. Major in Computer Science, Finance, Economics or Engineering preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:70250
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.