Gartner Digital Markets is a business unit within Gartner. Our mission is to help small businesses make the right technology decisions and find the tools they need to grow, optimize, and become more effective at what they do. The business is comprised of three leading brands—Capterra, Software Advice, and GetApp. For candidates interested in taking their next career step in the technology space, Gartner Digital Markets offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is always growing and transforming.
The Gartner Digital Markets Sales Team focuses on recruiting new software vendors to be a part of our Pay Per Click (PPC) and Pay Per Lead (PPL) marketing programs. Our Sales Development Specialists are often the first point of contact with prospective software vendor clients, and thus, an integral part of the Gartner Digital Markets Sales Team. If you are an ambitious and organized individual who loves working with people and eager to launch your career in software sales, let's talk!
What You Will Do:
- Actively seek out new sales opportunities through active networking and personal/strategic emails, phone calls and social messages
- Build relationships with key decision makers, up to and including C-Level Executives
- Qualify and uncover prospective client needs, goals and pain points to determine if the Gartner Digital Markets platforms are right for them
- Scheduling demo appointments between Business Development Specialists and potential clients
- Achieve monthly quotas and daily KPI’s of a minimum of 50 outbound touch points per day (20+ phone calls per day)
- Develop your sales skills through active participation in ongoing sales training
What You Will Need:
- BA/BS degree preferred (Sales Programs/Concentrations a plus)
- 0-2 years of relevant sales experience (B2B or Software Sales experience a plus)
- Proven track record of success and goal attainment in a sales-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with potential clients
- A desire for continuous learning and ability to give/receive feedback
- Readiness for a professional environment and a strong desire to grow a career in software sales
Who You Are:
- Action Oriented - Deliver fast, get great results. We embrace the vision, roadmap to success and the action it takes to make it happen
- Intellectually Curious - Seek to learn, love to teach. We’re humble and embrace respectful, radical candor with a mindset of ongoing professional and personal development
- Collaborative - One team, shared mission. We welcome feedback and understand the value of working together to accomplish more than what is possible individually
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69988
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.