About the role:
Gartner’s Consulting business is an extension of Gartner’s industry-leading IT and Market Research. From CIOs, to leaders in business and government, we help Gartner clients across enterprises translate insights into transformational actions and achieve their mission-critical priorities. Leveraging the breadth of Gartner’s resources, Consulting is growing rapidly, with unlimited potential to continue expanding our client base.
Technology Strategy Consulting. We help the C-suite make the right decisions based on how technology can transform their businesses. In today’s world, a consulting firm that is “born digital”, (with the ability to directly leverage the full power of Gartner’s research and insights) has relevance to the most important strategic decisions any business will make.
We deliver value to clients in areas such as Full Stack Strategy Consulting, Benchmarking, Analytics and Optimization. Typically, this helps Gartner’s clients to execute on their strategic priorities, across all sectors, including:
- Digital Acceleration and Transformation
- Enterprise Enablement
- Big Data and Analytics
- Applications Rationalization
- Cloud Strategy, Migration & Optimization
- Sourcing and Ecosystem Optimization
- Contract and Cost Optimization
- Security and Risk Management
What you’ll do:
Our Consulting Associate Directors are responsible for high-level project delivery and oversight along with client relationship management. You will manage teams and advise clients at the highest strategic level on both big-picture and tactical matters, focusing on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes.
What you’ll need:
- Experience within a management or technology consultancy in a project delivery capacity. Sales experience would be a plus.
- Prior experience in a problem-solving capacity such as a solution/technical architect or analyst preferred
- Experience working with multiple technology stacks
- Experience working with Government/Public Sector, Retail/CPG and/or Financial Services clients
- A consistent track record of leading people and driving high-performing project teams that leverage technology to drive the mission-critical priorities of commercial or government entities
- An ability to inspire and motivate professionals from both technical and non-technical backgrounds towards a common goal
- An unwavering commitment to the success of your team, and willingness to provide constructive/ corrective action when needed
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and the creative development of solutions and strategies to solve client problems. Must adapt Gartner frameworks and methodologies to strike at the heart of a client’s most pressing business challenges
- An ability to be hands-on and to manage multiple client priorities simultaneously. Specifically this will include:
- Excellent understanding of Public Cloud offerings from large Hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and major building blocks of a Private Cloud environment including Cloud Access Layer (IDAM, IGA, PAM etc.), Cloud orchestration and automation, Showback/Chargeback, Cloud Infra resource pool etc.
- Experience working with global teams on complex cloud / infrastructure projects such as app migration, data center transformation, tech modernization, etc.
- Experience evaluating “best fit” Cloud Service Models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and Cloud Deployment Model (Private, Public, Hybrid) to meet client needs and objectives
- Experience with Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud strategies by taking into consideration offerings from large Hyperscalers (AWS, Azure, GCP) and SIs around Compute, Storage and Back-Up, Network and Security, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery and translating them to Application Migration Plan, Cloud CoE design and RoI/Business Cases.
- 6 or more years of experience within the enterprise applications and IT infrastructure consulting domain.
- Comfort in developing high level technical solutions, future state architectures on Cloud and Data Center Transformation and conducting detailed options analysis to support business cases.
- Comfortable influencing and building trust-based, value-added relationships with senior executives, both internally and externally
- Coachable and embracing of best practices and feedback as a means of continuous improvement
- A consistently high achiever marked by perseverance, humility and a positive outlook in the face of challenges
- Track record in achieving / exceeding revenue targets preferred
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Familiarity with architecture best practice and frameworks such as TOGAF, ITIL etc.
- Experience with one or more of VMware vRealize Operations, Openshift, VMWare Tanzu, Google Anthos, or other similar products.
- Experience with container and container management technologies (e.g., Docker Kubernaties, etc)
What you will get:
- Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Medical, Dental & Vision Plans, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 401K matching and more! #LI-MV1
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69964
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.