What you will do
- Review, analyze, assess, and communicate guidance on public sector RFQs/RFPs, transactional agreements, teaming agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Review, negotiate as needed, and ultimately sign sales contracts, purchase orders and modifications based on either standard Gartner agreement templates or clients’ own paperwork
- Maintain a close working relationship with Sales and Consulting associates in relation to client sales contract negotiations
- Conduct “issue-specific” and “new hire” training for internal business partners (Sales/Consulting/Client Financial Services) to educate them on key legal issues
- Answer inquiries from and propose problem resolution for Accounts Receivables issues. Prepare memorandums to resolve Account Receivable disputes
- Provide counsel and guidance to internal stakeholders addressing compliance objectives in the areas of anti- corruption, data protection, privacy, and consumer law
- Review and manage the response to Access To Information and Privacy (ATIP) requests
- Provide advice and counsel on general public sector contracting and legal issues and risks, approval processes, company policies and procedures
- Provide counsel and guidance to corporate functions including tax, finance, corporate secretarial and others
- Assist with maintenance of corporate books and records, powers of attorney and general corporate compliance
What you will need
- University degree in law - LLB\LLM equivalent
- 10 years of experience in the Legal department or a law fir
- Fluency and ability to provide legal advice in both the English and French language
- Possession of an active security clearance
- Practical experience in negotiating contracts in a fast-paced international business environment
- Ability to conform your legal guidance in a rapidly changing technology and business landscape
- Knowledge of and experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to balance the needs of the business with applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across departments as needed
Impact of Role: Expected results
- Successful negotiation of significant volume of client contracts in a timely manner
- Successful protection of Gartner’s intellectual property and limitation of Gartner’s liability
- Maintenance of ongoing compliance with regional legislation and regulations
- Mastery of the rapidly evolving portfolio of Gartner products and services
- Development and maintenance of relationships with both internal and external clients
What we offer:
- An outstanding work environment with opportunity for advancement
- Ability to work from home flexibly, with no requirement to visit the office on a regular basis
- Exceptional compensation and benefits
- An upbeat, positive culture characterized by integrity, objectivity, collaboration, results and a no-limits mind-set
- Limitless growth and opportunity to meet your goals and advance within the company
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69877
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.