Senior Director, Analyst - User Experience in Software Engineering
About the role:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders who create must-have research, market predictions and best practices for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director serves as a leader within Gartner’s Research and Advisory sector, establishing oneself as a credible voice within their designated market at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, a Senior Director plays a significant role in producing pragmatic and provocative research which Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging them via in-person meetings, virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner conferences to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate recommendations.
This role sits within Gartner’s software engineering practice specifically focusing on user experience and design. Our clients responsible for user experience need actionable advice on how to shift their teams’ skills, culture, practices, and technology to support modern design and development practices for their digital products and platforms. Gartner analysts are able to apply their insatiable curiosity for the impact user experience design has on software engineering groups around the world to meet these needs and delight our clients.
What you will do:
· Conduct research and analysis to uncover user experience trends and best practices.
· Create innovative, thought provoking, and highly leveraged “must-have research” content for software engineering leaders responsible for user experience
· Develop new research and ideas through thought leadership and offer compelling, actionable approaches to client's needs and requests that accelerate the client's ability to act
· Bring provocative, independent insights to Gartner leaders that can evolve the course of a research agenda
· Provide clients and prospects with actionable advice aligned to their designated content area via virtual or face-to-face interactions
· Create and deliver high value presentation materials on and off stage for Gartner events, industry and professional association conferences, and client briefings
· Support Research and Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
· Provide high quality and timely research content peer review
· Actively participate in innovation, ideation, and research discussions and collaborate effectively with peers in the research community
· Identify research process improvements or develop new processes that help the team and Research & Advisory provide excellent service delivery
· Be a mentor and a coach by supporting more junior team members
· Be client-centric while actively seeking to help clients engage regularly and often with Gartner research and interactions
What you will need:
· 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience in the field of user experience and design
· Subject matter expertise, with demonstrated knowledge of best practices in user experience design, user research, and product strategy
· Ability to formulate and articulate design, technology and business adoption scenarios that help senior design leaders assess the opportunities, risks, and best approaches for modernizing their UX and software engineering organizations.
· Ability to collaborate with colleagues that cover application architecture and integration, quality and testing, product management, as well as with industry-specific analysts.
· Knowledge and experience in screen design, user flows, content design, service design, prototyping, and user testing is highly valuable.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferably in Design or related field; Graduate degree preferred
· Demonstrate executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
· Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality deliverables
· Demonstrate excellence in research and writing ability
· Strong written and verbal proficiency, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
· Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
· Strong communicator who is able to explain complex concepts concisely and simply
· Subject matter expert comfortable presenting at large and small-scale speaking engagements
· Strong business and financial acumen
· Deep knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as the interplay in that market
· Ability to work independently, while also being intrinsically motivated to collaborate across teams and support the workflow of others, in a multicultural global team
· Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable)
What you will get:
· Competitive salary, generous paid time off policy, charity match program, Private Medical, Parental Leave, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Collaborative, team-oriented culture that embraces diversity
· Professional development and unlimited growth opportunities
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69866
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.