Job Description Job Description
Title: Cross-sector Healthcare and Life Science Strategy Analyst
About the Team:
Gartner Analysts are industry thought leaders that create must-have research for a broad range of world-leading organizations. A Senior Director establishes a credible voice within their designated industry at local, regional and global levels. Utilizing exceptional research and analytical skills, writing and public speaking, a Senior Director produces both pragmatic and provocative written research and presentations Gartner clients consume and apply to propel their business toward key objectives. They are a trusted source of advice for clients, reinforcing Gartner’s value every day by engaging both CIOs and vendor Product Leaders utilizing in-person and virtual meetings, sales support visits and Gartner events to discuss complex client challenges and offer appropriate insights and recommendations.
About the Role:
Gartner is recruiting for a candidate with deep experience in the usage and development of technologies employed by healthcare and life science organizations to address their most important strategic objectives. The successful candidate will develop a leading industry voice on how IT enables value in healthcare, with a focus on strategy, IT maturity, what technologies should be considered for those initiatives and how technology vendors can best meet the needs of their healthcare and life science customers.
The Senior Director will advise Gartner’s healthcare and life science client CIOs and IT leaders on a wide variety of topics including technology strategy, clinical and business process applications, data integration, and emerging innovations in healthcare technologies. The senior director will also advise vendor product leaders that supply technologies to healthcare and life science firms. The individual must also be knowledgeable about major technologies and processes common to healthcare and life science organizations, emerging issues, and future needs. Experience as a digital business leader, strategy executive or consumer engagement professional of a healthcare or life science organization or product leader of a vendor selling to healthcare and life sciences would be preferred.
● Develop new research that challenges conventional wisdom about the problems client are solving by offering compelling, simplified approaches that accelerate each client’s ability to take action
● Identify the root cause of complex client problems, use expert-level judgment to build hypotheses and find solutions
● Demonstrate thought leadership in establishing defendable research positions across a team of analysts
● Write innovative, thought provoking, documents
● Bring provocative, independent insights to leaders that help them accelerate their progress
● Predict how specific markets are developing and help clients in their vendor selection process
● Help product leaders understand end user needs and seize industry trends
● Engage and respond to client inquiries in on-site and virtual meetings, strategic off-sites, and Gartner events
● Create and deliver high value presentations and other material onstage at Gartner conferences and symposiums, as well as small and large groups of clients and/or prospects
● Support Sales: Provide sales support serving as voice of the market to help research teams create content and to drive engagement with clients to make progress against their critical priorities to grow their business
● Provide high quality and timely research peer review
● Build credibility as an industry leader to represent Gartner research, methodology and strategy
● Lead or participate in research community meetings to discuss research issues and collaborate effectively with peers
● Identity amendments to existing research processes, or creates new processes, that help the team and Gartner’s Research and Advisory group better serve clients or serve a new type of client
● Support more junior team members’ development through mentorship and coaching
● Inspire clients to more frequently experience the value of Gartner research
● Demonstrate sophisticated skill at analysis by seeking out and piecing together fragments of information, extrapolating, building and applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns and drawing conclusions from partial data.
● Arrange and attend vendor briefings, vendor events, client meetings or exhibitions as required to further Gartner’s research position.
● Coverage could include but is not limited to healthcare and life sciences macro industry dynamics, competitive frameworks, consumer engagement, total experience, cloud adoption and related healthcare and life science technologies.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; Graduate degree preferred
● 12+ years of relevant field or industry experience
● Great team player with intrinsic motivation to collaborate with peers to write provocative and pragmatic research notes
● Demonstrated executive presence; can immediately establish credibility with executives and additional stakeholders
● Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality material
Strong organizational skills; ability to work under tight deadlines and produce high quality material
● Demonstrated excellence in research and writing ability
● Strong written and verbal interaction, analytical and presentation skills; ability to engage clients and respond effectively to questions
● Proficient in analyzing and synthesizing data; can effectively apply patterns and frameworks while drawing and defending conclusions to client challenges
● Strong business and financial acumen
● Deep knowledge of the global and competitive landscape within subject area as well as the interplay in that market
● Learning agility and adept at navigating highly matrixed environments
● Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% (where applicable)
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69726
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.