Business Development Managers are assigned a geographic territory within specific geographies. Their goal is to prospect companies which are not presently purchasing Gartner Research. The purpose is to identify key buying centers in these companies to sell Gartner Research to expand Gartner’s net new client base.
How You Will Make an Impact in Business Development
- Demonstrate key standard methodologies to drive and successfully sell new business opportunities; build and effectively handle a list of new individuals and new clients to drive business development.
- Strong focus on selling to only net new/prospective clients and transitioning closed clients to existing AEs within 30 days of closing for continued Gartner service.
- Collaborate with internal resources and external network to prioritize and penetrate key accounts; quickly build relationships with key partners to drive business.
- Primary focus net new logos / net new client accounts.
- Identify key decision makers and develop strategic relationships to drive revenue.
- Achieve and exceed quota.
- Timely and accurate revenue forecasting.
- Compliance in utilizing internal sales enablement tools and management processes.
- Utilizing account planning and time management tools to drive an increase of research revenue to an assigned quota.
We Want a Business Development Manager with These Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5+ year’s proven consultative sales experience in high technology to large multinational companies.
- Ability to build credibility quickly with new clients; relationship should be developed at the highest level and other key partners.
- Confirmed experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients.
- Proven experience in closing enterprise-wide complex sales solutions, by structuring innovation, integrated solutions that provide IT decision makers value and support in achieving their business goals.
- High level of clock speed; ability to comprehend and problem solve by thinking and acting quickly on your feet.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others in the organization with no direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to articulate a strong value proposition of Research at the executive level.
- Ability to uncover and prioritize prospective client’s KI s to drive a shortened sales cycle.
- Comprehensive understanding of technology buying centers.
- Demonstrates presentation/written skills at an executive level; Excellent communicator who is able to formulate, oversee and implement account strategy and articulate the positive financial impact to client organization of investing in Gartner.
- High level of patience and integrity which builds dependable relationships both internally with Gartner colleagues and externally with prospective clients.
- Prior experience utilizing a corporate/enterprise-wide CRM tool.
- Intermediate to advanced competence in Excel.
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69346
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.