About this role:
Enterprise IT Leaders (EITL) is an executive-level advisory service that delivers expert insight and guidance tailored to each member's context and most critical initiatives. EITL consists of 7 areas of expertise (domains) that cover several areas within IT: Applications, Data & Analytics, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure & Operations, Program & Portfolio Management, Security & Risk, Sourcing & Vendor Management.
Gartner’s Executive Partners team consists of 178 EP’s globally who specialize in one of the 7 domain areas and equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice and tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow.
What you’ll do:
- Manage approximately 30 member relationships ensuring value is delivered during the subscription period. These members have Enterprise Application Leader roles and typically report directly to the CIO.
- Leverage your subject matter expertise along with Gartner’s intellectual property and the Enterprise Applications peer community to deliver value to your members.
- Align your work with your members to the overall objectives of the CIO or enterprise in order to ensure your focus is on the highest priority initiatives. Track and report value delivered.
- Drive and participate in all phases of the member lifecycle: Understand what is most important for your member, align those initiatives to enterprise or CIO initiatives, engage and deliver value, capture the value as delivered, articulate the value delivered to the member and decision maker and utilize your learning, teaching and coaching skills during the process.
- Responsible for member retention/renewal of the subscription based service.
- Host and /or participate in periodic onsite member activities including workshops, presentations, roundtables and webinars for your members.
- Collaborate with other Leadership Partners in the Enterprise Applications domain to improve the team’s effectiveness and drive innovation as the domain matures and evolves.
What you’ll need:
- A university graduate (Masters preferred)
- 20+ years of experience including having full responsibility for a portfolio of enterprise applications and the application lifecycle including strategizing, architecting, selecting, deploying, operating, evolving, and retiring those applications.
- Direct reporting to a CIO acting as the Director or VP of Enterprise Applications.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to assess member situations and provide actionable outcome based advice.
- High tolerance / evolved ability to lead and manage ambiguous situations.
- Excellent relationship building skills including experience working with Sr. Executives.
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
- Experience coaching and mentoring senior executives.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Experience with the DoD required; Active Top Secret Clearance
Subject Matter Expertise:
We are looking for an individual who has held the role of Director or VP of Enterprise Applications and has had ownership of the full lifecycle of the application portfolio including strategizing, architecting, selecting, deploying, operating, evolving, and retiring those applications. Equally important is having a management consulting background . Experience leading large scale ERP programs that have enabled business transformation is highly desirable. Involvement in digital transformation initiatives and journeys from a project oriented focus to a product oriented one is also a plus. In addition we are looking for people with experience/expertise with modern enterprise application lifecycle management approaches, including:
- Moving from a Project to Product Focused Organization
- Leading a Product Organization
- Building Digital Platform(s)
- Transforming Solution Delivery (Agile, Dev Ops, Design Thinking)
- Customer Experience (Sales, Service, Digital Commerce)
- Application Strategy
- Application Rationalization
- Application Organizational Design
- Business Value Realization
- ERP Transformation Initiatives
- Cloud First Initiatives
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, caste, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Gartner affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity and values diversity and inclusion.
Gartner is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and unable to or limited in your ability to use or access the Gartner’s career webpage as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1203-964-0096 or by sending an email to Applicant.Assistance@gartner.com
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69227
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.