About this role:
Gartner's Information Security Engineering team is looking for a high-performing, self-driven, motivated team player for the role of Lead Security Engineer to expand company’s security capabilities within its global information security organization. The person will be responsible for leading and working on security engineering projects to provide security solutions as per business needs. You will assist with managing risk to Gartner’s reputation, customers and Information Technology by providing engineering assistance in implementation and operationalization of cyber security solutions across the enterprise.
What you’ll do:
- Build and lead implementation of tools to automate security monitoring and tasks
- Lead the review of security-sensitive aspects of applications and systems
- Responsible for developing solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities quickly and efficiently
- Lead security projects from design, implementation to operational phase.
- Assist with and collaborate with third party penetration-testing firms
- Work with performance management/monitoring team to setup necessary alerting and reporting on capacity utilization of various security components
- Provide cross-trainings to other teams or other team members as and when needed
- Perform other day-to-day tasks as required
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 7+ years experience of working on IT security projects in a fast-paced, time-bound environment.
- Strong knowledge of networking like routing, switching, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, DNS, DHCP, NACLs
- Experience with software development skills on programming languages like Java, C#, Golang
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; commitment to team collaboration, training and mentoring
- Familiar with security best practices in IaaS/PaaS services such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., Python, Shell script, etc.)
- Commitment to documentation and tracking results via enterprise ticketing/collaboration platforms
- Experience working with fast-paced operations/dev teams and DevOps practices
- Background in Linux and *nix operating systems
- Foundational understanding in application security, cryptography, PKI, network security, security in server less environments and micro services based architecture
- Familiarity with security assessment tools like Metasploit, Burp suite, Wireshark etc.
- Understanding of concepts with Web Applications Firewalls and DLP
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:69148
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.