Senior Director - Network Security, Gartner for Technical Professionals
What makes Gartner Research a GREAT fit for you?
- You are a team player who values expert insights, bold ideas and intellectual courage.
- You are always learning and looking to discover what’s next in technology.
- You believe that good technology needs to be balanced with good governance, planning and process.
- You pursue personal excellence through team collaboration and consensus.
If this describes you, Gartner is looking for you! Gartner is an upbeat culture based on collaboration, teamwork, integrity and objectivity that values creativity and innovation. As a Gartner analyst, you’ll not only help clients solve complex challenges and deliver on key initiatives, you’ll grow your career and the scope of your impact across industries. We work hard — and we reward success with exceptional opportunity.
About this role:
This role creates thought leading network security research to our Gartner for Technical Professionals clients through published research, conversations with client (Inquiry), stage presentations, teleconferences, and client meetings. It is important that you have a vision for how network security will evolve worldwide and at a regional level.
What you’ll need:
It helps to be obsessed with your topic! Gartner analysts are correctly viewed as THE experts. This means you need to know your markets, vendors, trends, management practices, etc. and be able to see the forest and the trees. Most Gartner analysts have many years of experience and enjoy solving puzzles.
- Subject matter expertise in network security, with the ability to demonstrate understanding of the business requirements and opportunities in that market
- Knowledge of network security architecture, zoning and microsegmentation concepts
- Knowledge of firewalls, DDoS protection, zero trust network access, and network access control technologies
- Ability to mentor security staff at all levels for their role and personal development.
- Broad understanding of operational security internally and under a commercial framework.
- Knowledge of the global landscape, and the competitive interplay between incumbents, emerging providers, disruptors and outsourcers
- Demonstrated superior analytical skills, applying conceptual models, recognizing patterns while drawing and defending conclusions. Strong business and financial acumen as well as analytical skills are required for this position
- Articulate and succinct communication skills. Publishing and Speaking engagements an advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a security operations or technology related role
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience, Master's degree preferred
- Ability to conduct occasional travel, regionally and globally
What you’ll do:
As a Gartner analyst you will meet with clients every day: on the phone, in a video-conference, from the stage at a Gartner event or face-to-face during a sales support visit. In every client interaction analysts help clients solve difficult puzzles that lead to better performance. To support these conversations you will research technology, practices and trends and produce written research for Gartner clients to download and apply.
- Conduct research and analysis in specific areas of expertise targeting client’s key initiatives.
- Deliver high quality actionable advice through a variety of media.
- Write high quality, clear, actionable, advisory research documents.
- Remain ahead of the curve on developments and issues within these specified areas as well as applicable adjacent areas.
- Respond to client questions, create materials for and deliver to clients in person, via teleconference, video conference or webinar and event presentations
- Maintain the Gartner’s industry leadership reputation by responding to press inquiries
- Proactively work with the wider sales organization and deliver outstanding sales support in order to retain and grow the business
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT) is the world’s leading research and advisory company. The company helps business leaders across all major functions in every industry and enterprise size with the objective insights they need to make the right decisions. Gartner’s comprehensive suite of services delivers strategic advice and proven best practices to help clients succeed in their mission-critical priorities. Gartner is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, USA, and has more than 13,000 associates serving clients in 11,000 enterprises in 100 countries. For more information, visit jobs.gartner.com
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68959
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.