Senior Principal, Research – HR Practice
We are seeking a Senior Principal, Research to create provocative and pragmatic research to support HR leaders’ key priorities. This role enables you to explore your intellectual curiosity in a collaborative, team-based environment. You will be offered robust training, support and coaching to achieve career success and develop within the Research organization.
Business Research Is at the Heart of What We Do
Gartner, Inc. (NYSE: IT), is the world’s leading research and advisory company and a member of the S&P 500. We equip business leaders with indispensable insights, advice tools to achieve their mission-critical priorities today and build the successful organizations of tomorrow. Our unmatched combination of expert-led, practitioner-sourced and data-driven research steers clients toward the right decisions on the issues that matter most. We’re trusted as an objective resource and critical partner by more than 12,000 organizations in more than 100 countries across all major functions, in every industry and enterprise size.
How You Will Make an Impact at Gartner:
As a senior principal you will produce research that solves the most complex challenges of HR executives today on topics such as talent acquisition. On the team, you will:
- Engage HR executives from Fortune 500- and mid- size companies to identify their most pressing business challenges.
- Lead research through Gartner’s proprietary research process including hypothesis generation, primary and secondary research, and root cause analysis to identify best-in-class solutions.
- Conduct phone interviews with HR executives to discover best practices.
- Lead extensive secondary literature searches and elicit the highest quality insights for use in white papers, exclusive client webinars, and highly visible research studies.
- Present research findings to senior Gartner managers and client companies.
- Provide coaching to fellow researchers on their research projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of research experience
- 7+ years of experience conducting primary and secondary research utilizing qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience creating graphical representations of data
- At least one year experience managing projects
- Interest in researching human resources related topics
- Master’s or PhD in a social science strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- 3 + years of project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to teach and relay ideas, engage clients and work in a team
- Experience communicating complex data through relevant means to senior leaders
Who are we?
Gartner delivers actionable, objective insight to executives and their teams. Our expert guidance and tools enable faster, smarter decisions and stronger performance on an organization’s most critical priorities. We’ve grown exponentially since our founding in 1979 and we're proud to have nearly 16,000 associates globally that support our 14,000+ clients in more than 100 countries.
What makes Gartner a great place to work?
Our teams are composed of individuals from different geographies, cultures, religions, ethnicities, races, genders, sexual orientations, abilities and generations. We believe that a variety of experiences makes us stronger—as individuals, as communities and as an organization. That’s why we're recognized worldwide as a great place to work year after year. We've been recognized by Fortune as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies, named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion by the Disability Equality Index. Looking for a place to turn your big ideas into reality? Join #LifeAtGartner
What we offer:
Our people are our most valuable asset, so we invest in them from Day 1. When you join our team, you’ll have access to a vast array of benefits to help you live your life well. These resources are designed to support your physical, financial and emotional well-being. We encourage continued personal and professional growth through ongoing learning and development opportunities. Our employee resource groups, charity match and volunteer programs keep you connected to your internal Gartner community and causes that matter to you.
The policy of Gartner is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, citizenship status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status and to affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Gartner is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including job seekers with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Company’s career webpage as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling Human Resources at +1 (203) 964-0096 or by sending an email to ApplicantAccommodations@gartner.com .Job Requisition ID:68944
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.